Sign in to follow this  

2001 DRZ 400 or 2001 yz426 HELP ME CHOOSE!!

Hey guys. I think that I am getting closer to finding a bike. Any suggestions here? Here is what I have narrowed it down to. The price of each bike is $2500.

2001 yz426: Fresh piston and rings. Lots of aftermarket. Super Fast!! Runs and rides great. Typical hard to kick. The guy that has it said that if I purchased a "hot cam" that he would put it in for me. This "hot Cam" sounds like an auto decompression or something. He said that it would make it much easier to kick. Plastic is really good but not perfect. He has had the bike for 2 years. only rode in woods. He had the new piston etc... put in.

2001 DRZ400: Really nice bike. I know the guy that has owned it for the past two years. He rides woods as well as Hare Scrambles. He just bought a new KTM and needs to sell this DRZ. It has Tons of aftermarket stuff. He is very picky about his maintance on the bike. It has been well taken care of. It also has the "MAGIC BUTTON" (elect.starter)!!! I am really leaning towards this bike but the price sounds about $500 too high. He wont budge on price.

I think the Yz was a little faster but I really hate kicking that big bike. This might be something I could live with if I had to.

Also have spoke with a guy that is supposed to have a nice 03 crf450r. It is priced a little bit higher. I have not got to look at the bike yet.

Thanks for all the help so far guys. By the way, I am 5'10 240lbs and wanting a good woods bike (maybe a hare scramble or two)

Having owned both of those bikes you're concidering I can tell you without question go with the YZ426. When I came off the DRZ onto the YZ I couldn't believe how much lighter, snappier, more agile and refined the Yami is. The Zuki is a good dependable "play" bike but it can't hold a candle to a full-blown racebike. Defiantely get the auto-decomp cam installed and kicking the YZ becomes a breeze. For trail riding get a FW weight and a steering damper and you've got a woods monster, for MX you don't need to do a thing. For your weight you might want to have the suspension done though, more good money spent. You're gonna love that bike dude.:applause: