Sign in to follow this  

Klr Super Motard Wheels

Anyone Know Of Anyone Making 17" Wheels (rims/hubs/laced) For The Klr That Is A "swap-out" Install?

Hi Rib,

Thumpertalk frowns on us web merchants promoting our goods here on the forum. Send me an email and we can discuss the particulars.

. jeff @ procycle.us

Anyone Know Of Anyone Making 17" Wheels (rims/hubs/laced) For The Klr That Is A "swap-out" Install?

I am half way there, I have the front wheel. I don't know who made it though, my mate bought it at a wreckers/dismantlers and gave it to me.

It is an Akront 17x3.50 rim with a genuine KLR hub, I am not sure what the spokes are from. The tyre is a 110/70 Dunlop. The wreckers said it came off a 650, it fits my 250 perfect and looks like the hub is identical to the 250, the disc also matches up, however I will most likely fit the larger KLE500 disc or the late model KLR650 disc as they are bigger but still match the 250 hub, not sure about the caliper just yet.

As for the rear, I was thinking another 17x3.50 rim, it should lace up to the existing rear hub and use the existing spokes as the rear is already 17" standard. Maybe with a 130/70 tyre, it looks like I have about 140mm in the swingarm.

Of course I don't know if I will even bother, I think my engine is on it's way out :thumbsup:

Here is a photo when I did a test fit to the bike, looking at it looks kind of cool but the front guard is kind of goofy looking, might have to cut it down, I would never find a smaller aftermarket one to match the colour.

PM me if you are interested in the rim if I decide not to bother going with it.

KLR_SM.jpg

Here is my KLR250 with the motard wheels finished, it takes about 25 mins to do a swap over to the dirt wheels.:thumbsup:

KLR_MOTO_03.jpg

KLR_MOTO_01.jpg