Sign in to follow this  

CRF 230 copy

This just caught my eye. Saw these advertised on Ebay for about $1700 and found this Australian website that also sells them. I'm sure the performance and durability are not up to Japanese standards yet, but the Chinese sure have targeted visually copying popular bikes and quads. Most of the specs seem to be in the ballpark. Anybody know some one who has bought one of these????

http://www.zuma.com.au/LONCINLRX250GYTRAILBIKE.htm

That "copy" has a rear disc brake... Where's the Honda engineers when you need them?

I just noticed that,hey Honda if they chinese can...

ok china have a poor durability but they are some bike that are good

lets face it the rear drum brake on the crf230 looks crap and that Chinese bike looks good with that rear disk brake , in the uk the crf 230 comes with rear disk brake and im wondering why we have to buy the crappy stuff you honda are a bunch of :lol::applause:

When will be the day that the drum brake does not come on ANY BIKE:confused: :lol:

the same can be said about american car builders, why can the japs build a better car than the domestic builders? the new Tundra is now the best selling truck in America!! and to top it all of they (toyota) claim it as an American truck! damn, we need to get out of the basement!

ok china have a poor durability but they are some bike that are good

lets face it the rear drum brake on the crf230 looks crap and that Chinese bike looks good with that rear disk brake , in the uk the crf 230 comes with rear disk brake and im wondering why we have to buy the crappy stuff you honda are a bunch of :lol::applause:

When will be the day that the drum brake does not come on ANY BIKE:confused: :lol:

dude chill out...

its a TRAIL bike...

i see no imediate need for a hydraulic brake on a bike that isnt pushing out alot of horsepower...

and the fact that hydraulic brakes, conventional forks, lights etc. all ADD to the cost of the machine.. honda built this bike for a specific crowd and i think they did a perfect job at doing so..

This just caught my eye. Saw these advertised on Ebay for about $1700 and found this Australian website that also sells them. I'm sure the performance and durability are not up to Japanese standards yet, but the Chinese sure have targeted visually copying popular bikes and quads. Most of the specs seem to be in the ballpark. Anybody know some one who has bought one of these????

http://www.zuma.com.au/LONCINLRX250GYTRAILBIKE.htm

i know that the chinese make alot of knock-off motorized scooters and they suck..

i wudnt trust that thing between my legs.

I wouldn't trust that thing either, It will turn on once and you can kiss 1700 bucks goodbye. And that bike is a cool looking bike but &%$#@! is up with that kickstarter on it lmao.

Yes, they have manufacturing overcapacity but don't have understanding of what they're making. There's a lot of design errors on the Chineses bikes. Unfortunatly even our big manufacturers are now outsourcing work to them. The design is still here but the pieces come from China & the parts are almost always flawed compared to the parts made here.

I found this one interesting in that it looks like the closest bike yet (other than the minis) to actually resemble a japanese bike- -frighteningly so. And I would think that Honda would have some patent/copyright concerns with this one. The Chinese obviously do not have a fear or care of that. I would be willing to bet that as the quality comes up, we'll see the Chinese take a larger share of the playbike pie, maybe even pushing the Japanese out of that market at some point. Once quality gets better, it'll be harder and harder to justify paying twice as much for the same bike. Remember, up until about 1973 most of the Japanese off road bikes were also considered "junk".

Like GM & other big companies they won’t go away. What will happen is the Japanese play bikes to be competitive will have more & more Chinese content. This will keep their price competitive & we'll all reap the benefits. :applause:

AND china will come even CLOSER to RULING the world! dont u guys see their ingenious (and sinister) plot!? they will someday be SCOURGING the earth with their KNOCK-OFF products. i see it all. oh well. lets all just learn chinese! sure they have like 10,000 characters to learn, but HEY! we'll at least get a head start for when they FORCE it upon us!

yes... i know that was ALL mindless babble, but hey i havnt been here for a while so i have to catch up.

and NO i dont believe the SH*T that comes out of my mouth...lol

Oh man, this is great. I have been looking for a way to get 250's for the kid and I.

Ya, the wife would feel so sorry for me buying such crap, she would go get an extra job to buy us some new 250 x's

y cant china make anything original?

Yeah... like a hover craft, or a rocket powered skateboard, maybe even a motorized spoon.. maybe someday

Did anyone notice that the bike had a CV carb on it? On a 230cc bike that is. That thing would just have to be a dog on the road I bet!