Sign in to follow this  

TC250 model year questions...?

One of my riding buddies just LOVES my 2005 TE 250! But, he thinks he may would like the TC model better...

Questions:

What year was the starter on the 2005?

When did the color scheme change to red/white?

here is why we have some confusion...We called a dealer who said they have a 2006 TC in stock that is Yellow/Blue and has a starter...?:applause:

Is he correct? Or does he really know less than me about the bikes he is selling?

Thanks,

Mitch

Techincally the red and white colors are for the 2007, but the plastics and graphics are interchangeable with 2006. The 2006 is yellow and blue. 2007 TE comes with E-Start. Most TC model is kick start, but E-Start can be installed for additional for $850.

That is what my dealer told me!

From what I gathered, following things, for TC models yellow and blue with a starter was in 2005 (I'm not sure if the 250 had the starter, I know 450 did).

2006 was red/white, no starter, but an option. 2007 red/white, black tank and rims, no starter.

Maybe it's a TE and he just misunderstood. Those were yellow/blue up until this year.

crazyhouse

2005 - all models yellow, tc came with E-starter.

2006 - MX are red, gone the starter on the tc. TEs and WRs were still yellow.

2007 - all models are red

2005-2007 all plastics are same geometry

2005 - all models yellow, tc came with E-starter.

2006 - MX are red, gone the starter on the tc. TEs and WRs were still yellow.

2007 - all models are red

2005-2007 all plastics are same geometry

+1

I have an 05 yellow TC with starter....being so short (5'8") a starter is very nice to have. lol

Well...I called the dealer myself this morning... He just doesn't know what he has... He told me "I have a Yellow and Blue 06' TC-250 still in the crate. Starter only, no kicker."

Looks like we are going to have to drive over there this weekend and see it ourselves. Too bad they are 100 miles away:bonk:

Thanks for the responses too. I have an 05 TE...and I have thought about changing her to the red and white.

Thanks, Mitch

Well...I called the dealer myself this morning... He just doesn't know what he has... He told me "I have a Yellow and Blue 06' TC-250 still in the crate. Starter only, no kicker."

Looks like we are going to have to drive over there this weekend and see it ourselves. Too bad they are 100 miles away:bonk:

Thanks for the responses too. I have an 05 TE...and I have thought about changing her to the red and white.

Thanks, Mitch

Before I spent Money at ANY Dealership, I think I would want to know if they were knowledgeable about what they were selling at least.

The Dealer you are referring to clearly is not.

If you remove the Seat, there is an Emissions Label with Production Date (Year and Month) on the Rear Fender. 2005 Bikes it will be on the Top Right of the Silver Decal.