How to take care of ttr-125L

I have one that my wife rides.

1. change the oil after every few rides (easy)

2. clean the oil filter after every few rides (easy)

3. lube the chain before every ride (very easy)

4. turn off the gas and drain the float bowl after every ride. There is a screw on the bottom of the carburetor. First shut off the gas and then turn the screw and let the gas drain out. If you don't, then the gas will go bad and you will have to drain the carb before it will start up.

5. wash it a keep it clean. This will be a great bike for him to use to trade up to the yz125 that he will get next.

These are simple things that your 14yr old can do.

I just got a tt-r125L for my son, it is 2002. He is 14 and it is his first bike. What does he need to do to take care of it? Is there a book/video or guide?

Thanks

Kelli

Welcome to thumper talk Kelli!

Fun site that has a wide variety of people of all skill levels, ages, and abilities. You may also get a wide variety of responses to questions like which chain lube is best, what oil is best, etc. We use a MC chain lube - not WD40. Have used several brands but right now am using Bel-ray.

Your son has a fun little bike and is reliable so you don't have a lot to worry about. My daughter's TTR125 came with an owners manual which had good information.

This site sells a variety of DVDs regarding maintenance, etc. - http://www.motopowervideo.com/

If you are new to bikes you may want to scan the forum for what others are using for riding gear - helmets, boots, gloves, etc.

• Like 1

I have one that my wife rides.

1. change the oil after every few rides (easy)

2. clean the oil filter after every few rides (easy)

3. lube the chain before every ride (very easy)

4. turn off the gas and drain the float bowl after every ride. There is a screw on the bottom of the carburetor. First shut off the gas and then turn the screw and let the gas drain out. If you don't, then the gas will go bad and you will have to drain the carb before it will start up.5. wash it a keep it clean. This will be a great bike for him to use to trade up to the yz125 that he will get next.

These are simple things that your 14yr old can do.

Not true. Unless you store it for winter. Even then that TTR would still start.