Sign in to follow this  

metal shavings!!!

i own a 06 crf250 with maybe 15 hours on it. i just changed my oil that i put in for the winter. when i took out the oil filter i noticed real small metal shavings. i believe their aluminum cause i couldnt get them to stick to a magnet. i dont believe their was that many. i've only had the bike running once since bout christmas time. i use maxim4 extra oil. i just want some advice on what to do or if i even have anything to really worry about.

Its probably just pieces of clutch material. I wouldn't worry about it.

Within the first ten hours it's normal to see small aluminum/metal particles in your oil. It's a new engine, and the parts need to settle.

It could also be bits and pieces of clutch material. Do you work the clutch a lot?

c'mon guys its a HONDA....probably just bits of your valves....anytime now hte motor will grenade adn you'll be buying a blue or yellow bike.....just kidding but....still dont get why so many people think hondas are the be all and end all....

c'mon guys its a HONDA....probably just bits of your valves....anytime now hte motor will grenade adn you'll be buying a blue or yellow bike.....just kidding but....still dont get why so many people think hondas are the be all and end all....

even though your trying to bash honda if people could read it then maybe they'd agree with you!:applause:

even though your trying to bash honda if people could read it then maybe they'd agree with you!:applause:

when you say YOU"RE instead of YOUR i'll be sure to fix my sloppy typing.