Sign in to follow this  

no compression

I'm trying to figure out why there could be no compression on my GPX. I just installed the 140 kit and took it riding. The spark plug came loose and I tightened it back up, but still no compression. I took it apart and the rings were still good and I tightened up the valves which were pretty loose. Still no compression though. I can't figure out what else it could be, any ideas or suggestions to this problem?

• Like 1

If the gaps in the rings aren't orientated correctly? If the gaps weren't offset correctly this could maybe cause your issue?

I am no engine builder and have never had an engine like this apart but I think this could theoretically do it?

if your cam timing is off, and there has been piston/valve interference (bent valves) you would have a no compression situation. double check your timing marks.

Its gotta be a bent valve. Pull the head and make sure they are seating. This is also why they would seem so loose, unless the cam went flat.

The ring gaps being lined up would have zero effect. But a stuck ring or a broken ring could drop the compression dramatically. But it would still run. It'd smoke like hell, and probably foul plugs but it would run.