Sign in to follow this  

? on Friends of jawbone map

Going on a family style ride from dove springs to Schmitt tunnel have my route plan to the tunnel but I want to cross Red rock canyon their is a green and white trail that runs thru red rock is this a OK route for a non plated bike.

thanks in advance.

Going on a family style ride from dove springs to Schmitt tunnel have my route plan to the tunnel but I want to cross Red rock canyon their is a green and white trail that runs thru red rock is this a OK route for a non plated bike.

thanks in advance.

All of those trails are ok on a non-plated bike or green sticker. Just keep on the trails and you will be fine.

Any kids going???? You have to have a valid driver's license to ride in the state park! Doesn't exactly make for a "family" friendly ride.......

Any kids going???? You have to have a valid driver's license to ride in the state park! Doesn't exactly make for a "family" friendly ride.......

Kids can ride in the park if they are with an adult.

Kids can ride in the park if they are with an adult.

are you sure about this. I was just there and was thinking of bringing my fam and kids back for that very ride but I thought all needed a valid drivers lic. on red rock state park land, even the trails with green stickered bikes. I hope I'm wrong but it seemed pretty straightforward.

Can you point me in the direction where you got this info. Never heard about no license no ride but this is are lovely state.LOL

I rode into the Ricardo campground from dove springs and found posted signs stating green stickers o.k. but all operators need to have a drivers lic. I only saw this on the trails. Maybe a call to the visitors center a red rock would be in order. I would love to take my fam on these trails also. Actually I just found in print from the friends of Jawbone map: all drivers to be at least 16 and have a valid d.L.

OK, To clarify this...and I got this from the top...

For a minor to ride in the Park...

Either the Minor or accompanied adult needs to have an ATV certificate

This applies to Motorcycles or ATVs.

Either case, Minors need to have adult present

There has recently been some confusion regarding this ...even with

the park rangers.

Adults only need drivers license.

Wayne Nosala

CORVA

Friends of Jawbone

Thanks Wayne now all I have to do is figure out the ATV cert since we all ride bikes. Anybody have a ATV I can barrow.

Thanks Wayne now all I have to do is figure out the ATV cert since we all ride bikes. Anybody have a ATV I can barrow.

Yeah whats up with that???

I do not make the rules, Just relaying what I was told earler.

The ATV class usually has quads to ride.

There will be a class at the Moose anderson day comming up in April in Jawbone

Wayne

When my group got stopped on the way from dove to the tunnel the ranger was only checking for stickers. And 1 kid was like 14 on a 16+ quad. Since 2 people had expired tags they said we could either turn back or get ticket so we went back to camp. Didn't hear anything about a licence being required.

When my group got stopped on the way from dove to the tunnel the ranger was only checking for stickers. And 1 kid was like 14 on a 16+ quad. Since 2 people had expired tags they said we could either turn back or get ticket so we went back to camp. Didn't hear anything about a licence being required.

State Park ranger or BLM ranger?..Big diffrence. Either way its up

to the discretion of the officer if he wants to get into details.

You are lucky he turned you around without a citation. guarentee

you will get a ticket if stopped now.

Recently a guy pulled into Dove Springs from out of state.

Toy hauler full of bikes & quads..no tags on anything. Poor guy

wasnt even there for 10 minutes... or yet to unload anything...

ranger gave him only one citation..could have written up everything

in the toy hauler, bit again its all up to the guy with the ticket book.

BTW the guy who got the single citation came into Jawbone Station and

chewed out the volenteer behind the counter and was set on fighting it.

$75.00 ticket. Go figure

Wayne

so If I cross over and into Red Rock State Park on EP-15 from Dove Springs to the tunnel (for about a mile you are actually in the park) I need a green stickered bike? My 2006 CRF450 is a red sticker, are those not legal from October to May in the State Park? Just confused so I thought I'd see if anybody on here could help :applause:

is it state parks policy to pull over everyone riding a motorcycle even if they are not breaking any laws? i wonder if they pull over every car in red rock and check registration?

The State park Rangers (as of late) in Red Rock are a f'ing JOKE.

It has not always been like that.