Sign in to follow this  

Are there extended warranties where a lift won't void it?

I'd eventually like to lift the truck I've ordered but it seems all extended warranties are voided if you do it. Are there any out there that allow it? I doubt it but just checking.

I've looked at www.warrantydirect.com but they will void my extended warranty on my truck if I lift it.

I think if the dealer installs it then you are still covered under the warranty, the reason I say this is because I was lookin into getting a lifted F-150 from the dealer and I asked the salesman if the warranty would still be good and he said yes since they installed it. So maybe if you buy a lift kit and have them install it you will be good to go.

I think if the dealer installs it then you are still covered under the warranty, the reason I say this is because I was lookin into getting a lifted F-150 from the dealer and I asked the salesman if the warranty would still be good and he said yes since they installed it. So maybe if you buy a lift kit and have them install it you will be good to go.

While that dealer may warranty any problems that arise, if you take it to another dealer, most likely, you will pay for the repairs, and it will get inputted into the Ford database that you have modified the suspension system, and your warranty will now be void no matter what dealer you take it to.

When people complain about this (I used to be a Ford Light Truck Tech), our response was to ask why should Ford warranty something that they spent millions of dollars designing, manufacturing, and researching, that now you, the customer, have hacked up???

The frame, brakes, suspension, driveline and steering system on these trucks were not designed to take the forces applied when using lift kits and oversize tires, this is another reason why lifting voids warranty's.

Yes, many of you have a lifted truck, and you have no problems getting your warranty serviced, that is true, but next time you take your truck in for service, be extra polite, that service writer could put a screeching halt on any and all future warranty claims with the click of a mouse.

I have never had any issues with them doing a repair on my lifted trucks (yet). The one i like to hear from people is, They wont fix my trans because of the 35's on my truck... Hmmmmmmmm. 35's killed the truck that is never used for towing. But pulling a 15,000lbs trailer your ok!!!

The dealerships around here are selling brand new lifted trucks, but they come with two warranties. The factory warranty and a "aftermarket" warranty, which covers anything that could be related to the lift.

I think that the business model of these extended warranty is to collect your $$$ and then try real hard to come up with a reason to deny coverage. Most of them will deny you just for puttitng larger tires on the truck, let alone a lift. 35's may kill the truck. A vehicle is an engineered system. Mess with the system at your peril.

They should warranty your vehicle unless the aftermarket parts caused the problem.

I was ready to buy a 4 door Jeep Rubicon. I can do without the lift but the deal breaker is the class 2 hitch. I know I can easily put a class 3 hitch but it will void the warranty. I can't haul my toys with a class 2 hitch.