Sign in to follow this  

CRF150r Clutch

My buddy bought a new 150 for his son in either Nov. or Dec. and he has burned up 4 clutches in the past 2 months. His son is 11 and has been riding kx65 and kx85 with no clutch issues. Is anyone out there experiencing clutch problems like this. I did a search and nothing came up.

Thanks in advance

Doug

PS Don't hate me because I ride Yamaha, at least I'm riding:thumbsup:

The kid is fanning the clutch like he did on his two stroke. The four stroke torque will kill the clutch in short order if you fan the clutch. When he learns not to fan the clutch, his dad won't be replacing clutches very often.

The kid is fanning the clutch like he did on his two stroke. The four stroke torque will kill the clutch in short order if you fan the clutch. When he learns not to fan the clutch, his dad won't be replacing clutches very often.

Amen! Not that I recommend this, but after the 2nd 150R clutch I stuck my former 2-stroke pilot son on my 250F to get the feel of torque. He got the message. Now that I've added an MRD Torque Header, I doubt we will have this problem again.

Also, be sure to have proper clutch freeplay!

:applause::eek::lol: looks like you got your answer. Dont ride it like a two stroke and every thing will be fine.:lol:

Talked to my buddy last night and the Honda mech. said the hub was bad. Does a bad hub burn up the cluthc or is it the rider fanning the clutch ruin the hub?

u pretty have all the answers.. already...pretty much the clutch is useless other than to start/stop and to feature to maintain power...

less use=less abuse