MX powder coating in NW

Hey NW,

Engine is off in the shop, so I got bored and stripped the bike to nothing since I have 3 weeks.

Going to freshen the paint with a PC job and need to know if anyone has recommendations for NW area, preferably in King County or close by. I had my radiator guards done by American Powder Coating in Auburn and they did a good job, but a frame is a little more intensive with all the bolt holes, threads and especially oil reservoir.

Thanks and should be back together by end of March (hopefully!)

mx813

Hey NW,

Engine is off in the shop, so I got bored and stripped the bike to nothing since I have 3 weeks.

Going to freshen the paint with a PC job and need to know if anyone has recommendations for NW area, preferably in King County or close by. I had my radiator guards done by American Powder Coating in Auburn and they did a good job, but a frame is a little more intensive with all the bolt holes, threads and especially oil reservoir.

Thanks and should be back together by end of March (hopefully!)

mx813

I had my CR500 done by Mr Powder Kote in Vancouver, WA. It isn't all that close to your area though. You can see pictures here: http://jonescreektrailriders.org/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=269

Give Clint Bjornson a call at Kent Kawasaki, they have a paint shop right next door to the dealership. http://kentkaw.com/

Joe...........

That's going to be a new bike when you are done Mike. Very nice! Are you going with the 290 kit?

Whoop

Paul

No as I do not have my rebuild/fix cost yet from I-90. Want to get the bike running first and later, either put on a 290 or spring for the ice cube. If I do that, looks like I will be keeping the bike 2 more years.

robr54, I think that was the place I went to, just got the name mixed up.

Will check out Kent Kaw, as I live about 5 minutes from them.

Now...where does that part go...kidding, raided the kitchen of old tupperware and lots of baggies, well labeled.

mike

Try Tacoma Iron at 253-539-8018 and ask for john, John is a great guy to work with and his company does great work and his powdercoating is much thicker then most. His company also sandblasts before powdercoating and his fabricators can make about anything you can draw lol. They have coated everything from frames to rims for me and they still look great :applause:

Just dropped the frame off at Blast Tech in Auburn to get sandblasted. Pick that up Thursday get PC'd by American Powder Coating. They showed me a couple Harley frames and was thoroughly impressed. Going a deep silver/metallic color.

Visas starting to get warm now....

Just dropped the frame off at Blast Tech in Auburn to get sandblasted. Pick that up Thursday get PC'd by American Powder Coating. They showed me a couple Harley frames and was thoroughly impressed. Going a deep silver/metallic color.

Visas starting to get warm now....

With that frame color you might as well go with the white plastics and the Doug Henry graphics...or the yellow plastics and the Hurricane graphics! :applause:

With that frame color you might as well go with the white plastics and the Doug Henry graphics...or the yellow plastics and the Hurricane graphics! :applause:

hmmm...I would but I already have a set of plastic at home I haven't used yet. Just waiting until I broke a fender, shroud or what not.

My other buddy said paint the frame yellow....nah, I don't think so. Yellow rad. guards and cycra flags are enough (for now)