Sign in to follow this  

100 miles on a new "S", loving it...

Wow, I love this DRZ. It's everything I wanted and hoped for, and barring some unforseen accident I picture myself scooting around on this bike for many, many thousands of happily earned miles.

Perhaps the best thing I can say about the DRZ is that after riding for 5 minutes, I felt like I'd ridden it for years. It's just so damned predictable, certainly has enough power for my needs, and it feels more like riding a sharp stiletto blade rather than muscling a hefty Craftsman bowsaw like my old roadbikes.

I ordered it with the Kenda TM II's (thanks for the fall prevention, everyone), and also had the dealer pre-adjust the springs for my 230 pounds. I haven't taken it off-road as yet (it's only today breaking 35 degrees and the snow hasn't melted off the trails). I broke it in relatively hard, but not abusive, keeping in mind that accelerating runs through the gears and hard engine breaking are what really matter. Varied the RPM's from idle to a bit less than WFO, never maintaining constant RPM. So far so good.

I'll be going in for my initial oil/filter/screen change at about 300 miles, then the same plus valve adjustment/overall post-break-in checkup at 600. Strangely, niether my dealer nor his competition recommend touching anything until 300 miles (contrary to what is recommended here at TT). This is a concern for me.

Love the DRZ. Why aren't more people riding 'em? I think it's awesome as a short-haul roadbike, 'cause the fun doesn't have to start at 70mph like on the rockets. Folks who think they need to do 140 are really missing out. I smiled more today sub-60 than I can ever remember smiling on my old FZR. Hell, I rarely felt the need to do more than 50. I rode for four straight hours in 40 degree weather today, and the seat was no worse than any other seat I can remember. Fun, fun, fun! Those rubber pegs are gonna be off quick, however.

Of course, 99 percent of you already know about the greatness of the DRZ! But then you can understand the need to share...

B.B.

OK NOW TELL US HOW YOU REALLY FEEL !!!!

I have to agree with you. This bike is just plain fun to play around on. It's not an extream machine but it can put a smile on your face.

I started mine up yesterday for the first time since mid january and that along with reading posts like this has me pumped up worse than a lone rooster in a hen house. COME ON SPRING !!!!

Congrats on your new ride and may you get to put many happy miles on.

I'll be going in for my initial oil/filter/screen change at about 300 miles, then the same plus valve adjustment/overall post-break-in checkup at 600. Strangely, niether my dealer nor his competition recommend touching anything until 300 miles (contrary to what is recommended here at TT). This is a concern for me

i did the hard break in like others recomended but i did frist oil at 24 kms also recomended maybe look on the web for motosecrets or something like that that explins this better than i can (or serach here for other topics on breakin its be mentioned heaps thats where i found it)

suppose to get all the metal outta the engine arly before it does damage

up to you just putting the info out there:-)

Good to hear you love the bike like all of us! Just wait until you get the "itch" for more power, trust me you can't stop it.:applause: