Sign in to follow this  

Difference between Trailtech Vapor for YZ/WR and for DRZ?

nobody? since the coolant temp sensor seems to be the only part with a specific measurement, and it's the same as the DRZ, I'm gonna assume it works.

Darn, I ordered one by phone yesterday for $107...

I feel so violated :applause:

Edit: That was $107. Still, my @#$ hurts!

Darn, I ordered one by phone yesterday for $117...

I feel so violated :lol:

i'd cancel that order if i was you!:applause:

Darn, I ordered one by phone yesterday for $117...

I feel so violated :applause:

Dang, mine is shipping already.

They different part numbers but what's the difference?

Yeah, I just checked on the Trailtech web site and the only thing could be a problem is the speed sensor... but it's the same for the DRZ and YZ/WRs...

I don't care about the coolant sensor cause if you call trailtech they will send you the air bleed replacement instead and you won't have to cut your hose...

EDIT: Well not quite the same actually, I went through it again and here's what I found:

75-200 speed sensor works for the 98-04 YZ/WR

75-300 speed sensor works for the 05-07 YZ/WR AND the DRZ

SO THEY ARE NOT THE SAME AFTER ALL...

Yes but... the bolt could be of a different size/lenght... and the sensor could hook up to the brake caliper in a different way.

There must be a reason, because if you look on the trailtech site, both speed sensors are sold with a different part number.

So anyways I called TT and asked. The person I talked to told me he did not know why the two kits have different prices since they are essentially the same, except for the sensors and that it might be an error in the way the DRZ kit was priced.

He asked his manager and they decided to sell me the 75-300 at the same price as the 75-200, which is $89.86 :applause:

If you are going to order, I suggest you do the same. Call them and get the right kit at the lower price...

Thank you very much for pointing out this price discrepency to my attention... you just saved me $17!

hey man, thanks for doing the leg work. that's great they're the same price, makes a little more sense.

I do know that TT and the distributors of their products both list the same price. So Tucker rocky has the same Retail that you would find on Trail Tech's site. It was a price discrepency within ThumperTalks system and has been taken care of per an inside contact there. All of the vapor kits should be priced exactly the same. since they all have the same retail price. :applause: Looks like you got lucky.

It appears that the speed sensor black plastic housing is a different length for different bikes depending on caliper bracket & proximity to magnet location on rotor, the drz appears to have the longer housing from pictures & from the one I just installed, a clever guy could make any work if he got a super deal somewhere. The T fitting for temp. that gets cut into rad hose is fine for E model hose routing but sucks for S model. Trail Tech should offer the M6 sensor for S's in my opinion as a distinct kit w/ new no. M6 works fine in left rad bleed hole, just not sampling the hottest water as it comes out of the head, not a big deal as I monitor the trends, I will adjust warning lite to a lower indicated temp. when I figure that temp out, maybe use a stick on temp strip on lower rt. rad tank to see temps at hottest point...

I'd check with TT first as there seems to be a mistake here.

If you open each in its own window, the tab on the bottom says the cheaper one is a Trailtech Lynx kit which doesn't have the tacho.