YZ250 Jetting

I kinda copied this topic from SuzukiBro out of the Zuki 2 stroke forum, but I thought it was a good Idea so I changed a few thing and posted it here.

It would be a great help to all YZ riders if you guys posted your Jetting specs of your YZs. Do you like your settings? What part of the country do you ride? Premix ratio? Engine mods? Any spooge coming out of the pipe?

Here's mine:

2006 YZ 250

Keihin PWK 38mm

Main: 178

Pilot: 48

Power: 50

Needle: N3EJ 2nd Pos.

Air Screw: 1 3/4 turns out

40:1

Pro Circuit Works pipe, R304 Shorty silencer, Twin Air filter

Ivan you getting any spooge with that set up? What elevation and temp are you running at?

I am still waiting on my JD Kit. Apparantly order was not placed :applause:.

Current set up 172 main, 48 pilot with air screw 1.75 out, N3CJ (1/2 clip leaner than N3EJ) 2nd from the top. Riding alt 2500 - 5000 temps in the 80s bike rips but still getting spooge city.

I am hopeful the JD Red at clip 2 from the top will clean me up.

2007 YZ 250 with Yamalube 2R at 40 to 1 and VP C12 50 - 50 with unleaded pump 91.

I would like to drop a N3CJ in my carb. I get a lil' bit of spooge at my silencer/pipe connection and speckles on the inside of my side panel. I run 40:1 Klots R50, I ran Golden Spectro for years and actually prefer it to th R50, but it smells nice. I also run 93 octane pump gas. I am not sure of my elevation I'm on the KY/WVa border(w/e that is). Always used a BR8EG plug, but just installed a BR8ES and still waiting to see results on it.

I would lean out the main to 170 and work your way down from there. I am running a 168 at 400 ft and the br8eg is looking nice and golden brown and there is no spooge runniing out of the pipe.My mix ratio if 40:1 93 octane and I am running maxima super m premix and that was at 34deg out side.For the summer weather I am going to go with a 164 main.

I would like to drop a N3CJ in my carb. I get a lil' bit of spooge at my silencer/pipe connection and speckles on the inside of my side panel. I run 40:1 Klots R50, I ran Golden Spectro for years and actually prefer it to th R50, but it smells nice. I also run 93 octane pump gas. I am not sure of my elevation I'm on the KY/WVa border(w/e that is). Always used a BR8EG plug, but just installed a BR8ES and still waiting to see results on it.

You will always get spooge from Klotz R50 if you are trail riding. The R50 likes to be ran at very high rpm and high temps, otherwise it doesn't burn all that clean. If you are just trail riding woods or what not maybe try Amsoil Dominator. I have ran a 182 main 50 pilot N3EJ needle (2nd clip) in 45 degree weather @ 1500' with no spooge. The kicker is that is in the sand dunes where I run the bike wide open. This is with Klotz R50 at 32:1 with 100% avgas. It will spooge if I am not running the crap outta the bike. I am now at 178 main 48 pilot and N3EW needle I think. Still plenty rich but I just put the bike back together.

2006 YZ250

Elevation: +378 above mean sea level

Temp: +65 F

Fuel: Sunoco Supreme leaded race fuel

Oil: Mobil1 Racing 2T mixed at 28:1

Reeds: Boyesen Pro Series carbon with stock Yamaha reed block

Pipe: Stock Yamaha

Cylinder and head: Stock Yamaha

Ignition timing: Stock Yamaha

Main jet: 175

Needle: N3EJ, clip spot 2

Air: 1 and 1/8 turns

Slide: Stock

PJ: Stock

This setup yields crisp throttle response and is spooge-free.

I would really like to see RCannon's setup:confused: He knows what he's talking about and we live a few minutes away....

Boy, I dont know about that!

Anyway.....

I did not spend much time jetting the bike in stock form. I was quite happy with a 48, the rich 07 needle in position number 2, and a 175 main. This was darn close and some fine tunning would hve been good.

I already had a JD jetting kit from my old yz. I dropped it into the new one and never looked back, It was excellent from the first minute it was installed. I ran the 48, Jd blue 2, and a 172. This changes some based on temp.

The kit rules. As you can see a person probably only needs the needles. The advantage is that the jd needles dont need race gas to avoid that midrange ping or overly rich condition.

This bike is very fast and fun....even jetted slightly off. Honestly, not a huge deal. If it gets even crazier once its jetted spot on.

2006 YZ250

bone-stock jetting, stock pipe & silencer, stock reeds

I hate to admit it, but I have not touched the carb at all. Oh, maybe the idle. I've ridden from about 300' to 1500'. Temps from 15° - 90°. Riding has been in New England hare scrambles only, so no sustained WFO operation. I bought a '07 needle but haven't installed it yet. I've been running Bel-Ray H1R @ 32:1 on 91 octane. No spooge whatsoever. Still running the original spark plug, too. I couldn't say that about my '02 YZ250, which I was running on Yamalube 2R @ 32:1.

06 250. Stock pipe/FMF PCII silencer & stock motor.

178mj

48pj

N3EW (the 07 needle)

1-1.5 turns out

Amsoil Dominator 40:1 w/ Chevron 91 octane

1500-2000' above SL

I get spooge at any temp above 45f with the above settings. I recently installed the 172 main, but have yet to try it.

This one will get you

2001 YZ 265

Ported

Head mods

HGS pipe

V Force 3

Power blade

95 with motul at 40:1

mj 198

N3EJ-2

pilot48

pj #55

Sea level + 300ft 35 celcius with high humidity.

No pinging, no spooge, I ran the same plug (standard, for 4 days)for the 4 day enduro 2 weeks ago and it looks perfect.

Bike ripps.

I have a stock 06 YZ250, have not done a thing to it. I run 98 octane pump gas with either Motul 8ooT or Shell X2 racing oil at 50:1 and still get spooge even at one of my local tracks which has some deep sand sections. On hard pack it is difficult keeping the front wheel on the ground.

I have a stock 06 YZ250, have not done a thing to it. I run 98 octane pump gas with either Motul 8ooT or Shell X2 racing oil at 50:1 and still get spooge even at one of my local tracks which has some deep sand sections. On hard pack it is difficult keeping the front wheel on the ground.

It sounds like you have the honor of getting to buy decent gas. We have to go to the bike shop for anything this quality.

I kinda copied this topic from SuzukiBro out of the Zuki 2 stroke forum, but I thought it was a good Idea so I changed a few thing and posted it here.

It would be a great help to all YZ riders if you guys posted your Jetting specs of your YZs. Do you like your settings? What part of the country do you ride? Premix ratio? Engine mods? Any spooge coming out of the pipe?

Here's mine:

2006 YZ 250

Keihin PWK 38mm

Main: 178

Power: 50

Needle: N3EJ 2nd Pos.

Air Screw: 1 3/4 turns out

40:1

Pro Circuit Works pipe, R304 Shorty silencer, Twin Air filter

Hey where do you live in Ky.?

Has anyone tried needle N3EK ? This is one step leaner on the straight section than EJ and 2 steps leaner than EW.

I live on the WVa border in lawrence co. KY.[/quote

Lousia

I live in Ashland