Sign in to follow this  

Just bought a new 2005 GASGAS EC300

Hey guys just trying to confirm a couple of things on the GasGas 300 EC. I just bought a new 2005 today after being in the market for a used KTM 300EXC. My buddy has KTM 300EXC and I am impressed with its low end power for a two stroke and I want to get feedback on the GasGas as far as its low end grunt. We do alot of trail and tight riding so my Honda 450X is to big in some cases and I wanted I lighter more nimble bike but with the big power of my 450X. Is this the bike I am looking for? Also any mods you can suggest I am new to Gas Gas. My other buddy has a 280 trails bike and he recently just bought a 200EC. He swears by them and I wanted some feedback on anybody who has one on performance and durability.

Thanks,

Gary

Hey guys just trying to confirm a couple of things on the GasGas 300 EC. I just bought a new 2005 today after being in the market for a used KTM 300EXC. My buddy has KTM 300EXC and I am impressed with its low end power for a two stroke and I want to get feedback on the GasGas as far as its low end grunt. We do alot of trail and tight riding so my Honda 450X is to big in some cases and I wanted I lighter more nimble bike but with the big power of my 450X. Is this the bike I am looking for? Also any mods you can suggest I am new to Gas Gas. My other buddy has a 280 trails bike and he recently just bought a 200EC. He swears by them and I wanted some feedback on anybody who has one on performance and durability.

Thanks,

Gary

I think you made a very good choice. I don't own a Gasser but would love an EC300 to go alongside my 450 for the same reasons you just bought one. I would add the jet kit from LT Racing and call it good. The Gasser's are known for reliability and are as race ready as a KTM. I don't think you'll need to add much to it. Buy it and hit the trails. Can you PM me how much you paid for it?

Greg

Definitely a good choice. I riding buddy of mine has an '05 GG300 DE and it's one of the best 2 strokes I've EVER ridden in the woods...:applause: There's a pic of it in "My Garage", it's the blue GG under the canopy.

I think you made a very good choice. I don't own a Gasser but would love an EC300 to go alongside my 450 for the same reasons you just bought one. I would add the jet kit from LT Racing and call it good. The Gasser's are known for reliability and are as race ready as a KTM. I don't think you'll need to add much to it. Buy it and hit the trails. Can you PM me how much you paid for it?

Greg

I found a great deal (I think) on this bike in Moline Illinois it is a brand new 2005 never started for $4200 out the door. This dealership had 3 new 2005 Gas Gas bikes. Two of them were 250 EC's and I bought the last 300. I almost pulled the trigger on one of the 250's because I think I could have got it out the door for around $3800. If your interested I can give you the name of the dealership and the guy you need to talk to.

Gary

:applause: 300 is great bike,had my 03 for over 2 years and spent very little on it.done everything on it,ridden on road,done h+h events,motocross,trailridden it across mountains in spain.clutch is better than anything ive had on any other bike.