Sign in to follow this  

Watkins recently?

I was just wonderig if the track is in good condition? The last time I was there it was really ruff and need to be groomed.

Thanks,

I was there sunday, and it was AWSOME at the begining, becuase of the rain, but then as the day went on it dried out. I don't know if their watering truck isn't working, or if they just aren't watering yet, but they really need start laying down some water because it sucks when it turns into a dust bowl

I rode there late yesterday afternoon and would say the big track is in pretty good condition overall. Traction was great in some places still tacky from the previous night rain, but many parts got dusty and slick - most of the track could actually use some water. I sure wish they would smooth the landing areas of the doubles/whoops section on the SW side of the track.

I was there on Saturday and their "prep" really sucks compared to other facilities, love the track layout, and yea they also need to repair jump faces and landings once in a while.

So it's pretty much the same scince last time i was there.

They really need to do some work on that track.

It's so fun when it's all groomed! I was going to go wednesday but if the track still sucks I might have to go to Thunder Valley.

thanks for the response!

In the past I have had fun at Watkins but these days Imo Watkins licks ball sack!They don't give a flying f***k about what people think about the track because they know people will continue to ride the track regardless of how shitty it is.

Go ask the lady why they never bring out the tractor and disc the track and you'll get some smartass remark about how they just watered and you should be thankful that they did that and that we have someplace to ride or it's too expensive.I'm sure it is expensive to keep that machine running with fuel and everything else,but come on,why do the planets have to be aligned perfectly before they bring it out?

I know that riding hard pack makes for good practice but it would nice to see some changes there with their prep on the weekend,throwing water onto hardpack isn't the greatest but it's better than nothing and like others have said,why don't they take the time to fix things like jump faces and landings?

Watkins could be such a awesome track if the people took initiative to make some changes but I'm sure it comes down to money and being to expensive to implement them or it could be pure laziness.One thing I do know is I don't like being treated like a POS just for asking a simple question regarding a piece of machinery and why it's never used,I mean the lady was truly pissed at me for asking and acted like I was an assh*le for asking such a question.When I left I was pretty ##@!*$ mad but the more I thought about it the more it made me laugh.Anyways I will continue to fork over money to ride that shith*le of a track because it's close and riding is riding but I know I'm not the only one who thinks that Twatkins is in need of some work.

I have never been to Watkins so I cannot comment on that facility but I can say that the folks at VDR are great about their track. I pass by there every day going to and from work. This last winter they worked on their track the entire time. As soon as the snow would stop they were out clearing it off the track. They were able to get the track back to excellent condition as soon as winter eased off. They continue to have heavy equipment out daily to make the track better. If you read other forums and this one you will see many other riders agree. The moral of this story is; within a reasonable distance there are a number of tracks that the owners do care and if we use those facilities they will remain profitable and be there for us. (just my 2 cents)

In the past I have had fun at Watkins but these days Imo Watkins licks ball sack!They don't give a flying f***k about what people think about the track because they know people will continue to ride the track regardless of how shitty it is.

Go ask the lady why they never bring out the tractor and disc the track and you'll get some smartass remark about how they just watered and you should be thankful that they did that and that we have someplace to ride or it's too expensive.I'm sure it is expensive to keep that machine running with fuel and everything else,but come on,why do the planets have to be aligned perfectly before they bring it out?

I know that riding hard pack makes for good practice but it would nice to see some changes there with their prep on the weekend,throwing water onto hardpack isn't the greatest but it's better than nothing and like others have said,why don't they take the time to fix things like jump faces and landings?

Watkins could be such a awesome track if the people took initiative to make some changes but I'm sure it comes down to money and being to expensive to implement them or it could be pure laziness.One thing I do know is I don't like being treated like a POS just for asking a simple question regarding a piece of machinery and why it's never used,I mean the lady was truly pissed at me for asking and acted like I was an assh*le for asking such a question.When I left I was pretty ##@!*$ mad but the more I thought about it the more it made me laugh.Anyways I will continue to fork over money to ride that shith*le of a track because it's close and riding is riding but I know I'm not the only one who thinks that Twatkins is in need of some work.

I am going to have to agree with you, allthough, I did think the track was pretty good on Sunday (well until it started to dry out). The track could definently use some work on the jump faces and landings, most of the jump faces are all rounded off and just straight up worn. I would also like to see more of a loam to the track it is pretty hard-packed. I would think that with the price increase they should start to up the prep a little, but I have a feeling we will all have to live with the track just how it is. It is a shame because it is an awsome lay-out and has the potiental to be a really sick track. I am sure that I will be there this weekend, but maybe I will try out Aztec.

Berthoud kicks major ass.I have so much fun at that track.You know the type of days were you had so much fun that your still thinking about the track days after you rode and you can't wait to go back.They definitely know how to run things there.

I was hoping the $2 increase at the gate meant they would water the track or disc it more often but i am starting to get the feeling that we are just paying extra for all the money they lost this winter due to the snow!:applause::eek: $

I am going to have to agree with you, allthough, I did think the track was pretty good on Sunday (well until it started to dry out). The track could definently use some work on the jump faces and landings, most of the jump faces are all rounded off and just straight up worn. I would also like to see more of a loam to the track it is pretty hard-packed. I would think that with the price increase they should start to up the prep a little, but I have a feeling we will all have to live with the track just how it is. It is a shame because it is an awsome lay-out and has the potiental to be a really sick track. I am sure that I will be there this weekend, but maybe I will try out Aztec.

I totaly agree with you and your point about the riders having to live with how the track is.It's been this way for a while and I don't think it will change.I really feel that they don't care about riders input and have the atitude that if you don't like it don't ride it.They know people want to ride and regardless of conditions people are still going to come,because lets face it,after a long week of work it feels great to twist a grip for the day and release all that stress from work and other stresses of life.

Aztec is a lot fun.I you go this weekend have fun!:applause::eek:

i went out sunday the 11th (my bday :applause: ) and i swear i was railin that one corner on the south east side of the track after the step up and step down(where people seem to stop and congregate before that huge table ((big ed?)) harder in the dirt than i can on my CBR on the street.... felt good.....fun track when its wet

Berthoud kicks major ass.I have so much fun at that track.You know the type of days were you had so much fun that your still thinking about the track days after you rode and you can't wait to go back.They definitely know how to run things there.

Oh Man, if VDR_PETE reads this stuff he's liable to let it go to his head - will we be able to live with that?:applause:

I'm guessing that the track will get a face lift before the race there on June 24th. Until then all they will probably do is disk and water when they get around to it.

Oh Man, if VDR_PETE reads this stuff he's liable to let it go to his head - will we be able to live with that?:lol:

YES I READ ABOUT OTHER TRACKS & NO I WON'T LET IT GO TO MY HEAD....WE HAVE TIME'S WHERE WE ARE NOT AS GOOD AS WE SHOULD BE,SO I WILL NOT COMMENT ON HOW OTHER TRACKS HANDLE THERE PREP,JUST BE THANKFUL YOU HAVE MORE THAN O:ride: :eek::lol::applause: NE PLACE TO RIDE

im going out there today. (fri 16th) the voicemail this morning said all three tracks got some TLC and they are starting wensday waterings for the season. i hope its a little wet like last saturday AM!!!! ill report back tonight

big track is a dustbowl! i dont know what they meant by TLC on the message but it is the same as last week except for its totally dried out.:applause: