Sign in to follow this  

What bike should i get now?

I currently have a honda crf 150. But it is getting to small for me. I was wondering what you guys would suggest for a new bike. I still want a honda though. I am 5'9 160 pounds. I was looking at a 250r or 250x can't decide between them. I don't like the headlight though. What do you guys think?

if you dont like the headlight the r is all you. its faster anyways, if i got one it would be x just for the headlight, but i would buy all the other crap to make it an r.

if you dont like the headlight the r is all you. its faster anyways, if i got one it would be x just for the headlight, but i would buy all the other crap to make it an r.

Instead of buying a 19" rear wheel, cam, exhaust, uncorking the engine etc. why not just buy a 250R and slap a headlight on it?

he doesn't want a headlight so, without a doubt the 250r is the way to go in your case!

Yup, you might as well save $150, shave 20 pounds, and go with the CRF250R right off the bat. You will be losing the e-start that the X offers though.

Nope it's just fine for you. Do not worry, if it is a little to much you will grow into it.

Man, so much focus on the head light!:applause:

How about comparing the two models a little deeper? First of all, what kind of riding do you do? If you a racer, you know the answer, the R. If you ride both trails and track, again, the R. But if you ride mostly trails or you like to ride the really tight trails, the X is the answer. I loved my R in the tight woods...until I got my X! The e-start is for wimps...until you have it! Also, the X has a wider gear ratio (lower first, higher 5th) so it's better than the R in the real tight, slow stuff as well as the open desert. Again, in the tight, slow stuff, the X is better because it has a recovery tank and bigger radiators so it won't overheat like the R. Another plus for the X, much easier air filter access.

Don't get me wrong, I loved my R. But for my type of riding, the X excells.

I ride on dirt roads,and fields i don't race. Is there anyway that you could replace the headlight with just a straight plain white number plate

i would say the 250r..just in case you decided you wanted to race..you don't want to show up to the track every weekend with a headlight