The Holy Grail of Trailbikes????

Just got my issue of American Motorcyclist.

Same old story. Gushing over the '07 EXC being the only 'real' dirt bike that is street legal.....Oh well.

But in the ads in the back, I eagle-eyed one for wheel chocks that shows it being used tying down a Husky SM. :applause:?

Sorry about the broken record thread...just getting more and more funny to me how many publications run the same exact same story.

paul

Same old story. Gushing over the '07 EXC being the only 'real' dirt bike that is street legal.....Oh well.

paul

I saw that too. You'd think the AMA mag would be less biased, but...

I actually was very close to writing them about it, but it won't change anything:banghead:

Yeah.

My initial post is more of a disappointed observation than a complaint, really.

My response to the first couple of articles like this was a bit angry that the author didn't do his research. Now it's more confusion and/or amusement about how they all didn't do their research. I'm beginning to think it's an ignorance more so than a bias towards KTM.

paul

Sometimes I thinks its also PR and product enthusiasm. Not just ad bucks,,, PR does sell,,, HVA USA needs a product savvy enthusiastic PR team. The only problem with that has a little to do with culture,,, Italians are artists among technical products (as well as many other things,clothes, shoes, art in general etc etc) and they always have the smug pride in their items. If you like,you buy if you are not savvy enough to appreciate our art than go your own way, you will be the loser, you are the one who missed the boat, not us.

I think all my many Italian friends would agree to this opinion (it is only my opinion) based on alot of experience with Italian culture, lived there, married one, have many Italian friends, am Italo-Am etc.

But for our US market they need more PR,,,hype is a big thing here,,,many of us are probably doing it for them, but a real good team would pay dividends back at Schirrana!!!

Oh also the race on Sun sell on Mon thing is a sure bet as well,, getting some top-flight racers in the big series always helps,,, Smail for one was/is a good choice for the WORCS,,, HVA needs a some more top runners/names in AMA Enduro, GNCC etc ... (I say that with respect and admiration for the Green brothers ) Go HVA!!

But in the ads in the back, I eagle-eyed one for wheel chocks that shows it being used tying down a Husky SM. :applause:?

Sorry about the broken record thread...just getting more and more funny to me how many publications run the same exact same story.

paul

*Bile dribbles out of mouth*

My Suzuki DRZ, and Yamaha R6 are awesome bikes. But there is something about Italian bikes. This 2007 Husky 450smr not only has the performance to back it up. Im my opinion it has the cleanest lines of all supermoto bikes. I guess its Italian design. I was at a local dealer today the just started selling Husaberg. He said the same thing.

Oh also the race on Sun sell on Mon thing is a sure bet as well,, getting some top-flight racers in the big series always helps,,, Smail for one was/is a good choice for the WORCS,,, HVA needs a some more top runners/names in AMA Enduro, GNCC etc ... (I say that with respect and admiration for the Green brothers ) Go HVA!!

You are correct, Robertaccio.:eek:

I wonder how many bikes just David Knight has sold for KTM, not to mention their other riders. Of course, in his case, I think he could probably win on a Vespa.:applause:

paul