Sign in to follow this  

Too Lean

I currently run i think 40:1.. my bike is overheating, i checked the gas issue, and it seems liek my petcock is clean nad flowing fine..

I think that my oil content isnt high enough, i mix 2 gallons at a time, 8 ounces of oil per 2 gallons.. should i add more oil? i dont have any smoke, and when it bogs after a high speed run usually i just let it sit for a minute and its good to go again.. but sometimes i think it actually runs too far and thats why it overheats,.. then i just let it cool down.. but if i add more oil think it will run cooler?

-- Will be checking in morning so please reply fast :] Basically, i have a gallon to hte side of the already mixed gas.. please let me kw how much to add. thanks

8 oz per 2 gallons = 4 oz per gallon. This is a 32:1 ratio. I agree with the previous poster, you most likely need to rejet. Check out the cooling system components to make sure that is all in order as well.

uhm.. how do i jet? i have two needles on my carb, one is the high speed and the other is below the barrel, its a single screw, i just screw it all the way in, is that the one i need to do?

what is re jetting? keep in mind i have a 1973... it runs fine, but i dont think its getting enough oil? i just took the carb out and cleaned it all up... the "Pilot air screw maybe, i have turned all the wya in, and the needle on top (the one with the spring for me) i have adjusted so it will idle nice

I have a complete different carb that i could clean u pand throw on in one condition, the pin that holds in the floats is missing, the one ouit of the current carb doenst fit for some reason, cant i just stick a large piece of paper clip wire in there? and it will hold he floats? then that carb will be runnable... which may help my situation?