Sign in to follow this  

Just bought a 05 525 SMR and need advice

Just bought a 2005 525 SMR and I have some questions. I am new to ktm's. I still currently own a DRZ 400 SM and love it but saw this KTM sitting a my local dealer and had to get it. This KTM was raced and traded in without headlight or tail light and speedo so the dealer installed the lights on it for the street but it does not have a speedo on it. Did they come with one? Also it is kick start but I noticed on the case it has the holes to bolt a starter and the hole for the starter gear has a block plate on it. Did they come with electric start originally? Also is there anything I should know about maintaining them and things to look out for? This bike is sick compared to my DRZ SM which I have a full system jet kit and airbox mod and their is no comparison!!

Its a great bike. The only problem with mine has been a bad CDI harness. I know of 3 other 05 525smr that had the same problem. Ktm has updated the harness by replacing them with the 2004 model. If you bike suddenly dies out and looses spark time to buy a harness. There cheap .:applause: