When you buy a cam, do you just.....

When you buy a cam, do you just have to buy the cam, or other parts with it?

I bought an extra cam bearing for my 05 R cam(good mid power hit), so you can start fresh with new cam bearings on both sides. You can simply swap the decompression release from the old cam, besure to use red loctite when you put it in the new cam. You can remove the decomp with the cam installed in the head, but be sure to stuff the head with some "CLEAN" shop towels, so nothing drops in the head.

So no different lifters or heavier springs should be needed if switching from an X Cam to an R Cam Correct? Any tricks to switching over this decompression unit? Besides the shop towels and locktite?

So no different lifters or heavier springs should be needed if switching from an X Cam to an R Cam Correct? Any tricks to switching over this decompression unit? Besides the shop towels and locktite?

I am assuming you are questioning how to break the decompression bolt lose.

I just put in an R cam in an 04 X. The shop manual has you break the decompresion bolt lose as soon as you open the valve cover with the old cam installed. This way it is held in position and it is a piece of cake to get lose:applause:

No, not from an OEM X cam to OEM R cam swap years 04-06. TJ mentioned a different keepers and springs for 07, but an 07 cam will drop right into older heads. Actually, the 07R cam is the best performing of the R cams. I think even RHC even said the 07R cam performance is close to his cam.

Just remember the position of the unit before taking it off.

thanks a lot guys! I let you know how the 07 cam works when i get it in! Oh btw, white stallion, didn't you get head work done from rhc, how did it come out? And how does it now compare to your sons kx250f. Thanks,

John

thanks a lot guys! I let you know how the 07 cam works when i get it in! Oh btw, white stallion, didn't you get head work done from rhc, how did it come out? And how does it now compare to your sons kx250f. Thanks,

John

It's alot of fun and the thing rips.I don't ride his bike much and I forgot to have him ride my new set up last time we were out.We've only been out once since I got it back. Were going to the wells for a 4 dayer,I'll have the kid take it for a spin and let ya know.But to me from what it was, it is supper nice!Front wheel comes up effortlessly and climbs sand hills great.:applause:

ended up, mild ported and polished head, stage 1 hot cam,13.5 Cp piston.