Sign in to follow this  

lowering 06 250x

Does anybody know anyone besides a shop that does suspension work in So-Cal. I'm going to add a kouba link so I may have to have the forks cut possibly and or shimmed. Lowering about 2.5 inches maybe

Does anybody know anyone besides a shop that does suspension work in So-Cal. I'm going to add a kouba link so I may have to have the forks cut possibly and or shimmed. Lowering about 2.5 inches maybe

Precision Concepts in El Cajon, CA. Did my 06 CRF250X - fits me like a glove now.

We had our 250X lowered by ESP in La Crescenta. Call em up and ask for George. He did the fork 2 3/4" and the rear 2 7/8". No Kouba anymore. He doesn't care for the Kouba and said it's hard to adjust with a Kouba.

Exceptional Suspension Products ESP

3512 Foothill Blvd.

La Crescenta, CA 91214

(818) 249-6744

Cool, thanks

George said he just lowered one 3" for $800.00. WOW, I think I'll get her the Gene Simmons Boots instead. Anyway, I'll have to talk to my G/F and see what she wants to do. Good info though

George at ESP lowered my daughter's 04. She loves it and it was worth every penny. Thanks again George for a great job!!!!!!

The right way to do it is by a pro. ESP did my wifes and we love it. He lowered it 3" and we shaved the seat another 1 1/2" now she can get both feet on the ground.

dwfkathymn6.jpg

If you use the Kouba link they are OK. You can find them from time to time on ebay to save some money. The trick with them is using that spacer like the white stallion said. If you use the one that one lowers the bike 1 3/4" you might be better off. Then shave the seat the rest.

What did George charge ya?

$700, new springs, revalve, lowering, and new oil. We could have saved I think $75 or $85 if I would have taken the stuff off of the bike. I wanted him to do it since it was going to be lowered. Well worth the money if you ask me.

Thanks for the replies. I just found a guy who will lower it professionally and do all the mods for under $500.00 and he lives near perris. So I droppped the bike off last night. He had the same identical bike there that he just lowered for his tax guy...mods and all so I just told him to duplicate it.

Thanks for the replies. I just found a guy who will lower it professionally and do all the mods for under $500.00 and he lives near perris. So I droppped the bike off last night. He had the same identical bike there that he just lowered for his tax guy...mods and all so I just told him to duplicate it.

:bonk::naughty: That's a great price.