Sign in to follow this  

Remodeling home in Las Vegas

Okay its time to remodel/makeover the house. I'm looking for someone in the business to oversee and coordinate everything we want to do, someone that I can work with to pick out everythng we want for the house along with the look and style and they can coordinate actually getting it done.

Paint

Tile

Carpet

Kitchen cabinets

Countertops

Bathroom - new tub, tile, fixtures, countertops

Pretty much a whole house redo, its just time to freshen up the house and change it up.

Also I need help picking the interior design stuff to fit my style, which to be honest is just pretty simple. We actually "live" in our house so I don't need any of that "for show" style.

P.S. I have NO CLUE what I am doing so HELP!!!!!!! :applause::lol: :lol:

(:lol: the TT Store's prices are obviously too high.

:applause::lol: :lol: :eek::naughty::lol::worthy::ride:

I'm sure you guys deserve it! Also, economically, it makes sense to refresh your home. Otherwise, should you decide to sell, it's not competitive with more recently built houses on the market.

And, as you know, it will be a PITA. Hopefully, you'll be able to vacate as necessary for the paint and tile glue fumes to die down.

Sounds like you want an interior designer/renovation manager. Someone who can do as Valerie is asking, coordinate the design elements, but also who knows and has worked with reliable local contractors to get the work done.

I'd ask around very locally, as I'm sure you're doing. If I was clueless, I'd start with the guys who work at Home Depot or Lowes. In fact, they are probably are set up to do exactly what you're looking for. I know Home Depot has a list of local contractors they recommend for installing stuff you buy there. It would be nicer to find an individual interior designer/project manager, though, rather than trust a store.

A job this size and personally important, I'd want to speak to other homeowners that the designer and contractors did work for. Hear from others directly that all went well.

I have to admit...that is down right funny. :applause:

But seriously, can you say HELOC!!!!

HELOC rates ain't all that great. A refi with extra cash in pocket may be a better deal, depending on his current rate. I only know because we want to do kitchen countertops, a back yard patio and cover of some sort, and floors. :eek:

I wish I could help, but we only do commercial work. I will ask around for ya. I do know an interior designer, but she specializes in very high end stuff. If you want her info, let me know. Good luck! :applause:

Hey Val, depending on your guys' budget, my dad knows a bunch of people. If you are serious, I can get you the number of a designer thyat is top notch and will get all the sub-contractors and everything needed to do the job right and crack the whip.

Please pm me with it I'll be calling a few people soon. I have no idea what my budget is because don't know how much its all gonna be. I am in the very beggining stages of all this. I don't mind paying for something that will be done right the first time.