Sign in to follow this  

SSR 90R Review....

I'm 5'11" and weigh 230 lbs & I bought the new SSR 90R. This little bike rocks!! I would guess top speed is around 35 MPH. It's very affordable @ only $979 through www.outlawpowersports.com. I got about 50 laps or so on it in my backyard and the thing is a blast. The motor is very responsive and it actually has a great power band. It pulls down low all the way through the RPM range. I have some great berms in my yard now all made by the rear tire. It handles GREAT, and the suspension inspires confidence. I can pull third gear wheelies with it no problem. The only issues I had with the bike were @ assembly. The rear brake dragged a little right out of the crate, but, a washer between the caliper & the mounting bracket fixed that. Also, don't just put it together and ride it. Take some time to put some loctite on all crucial nuts & bolts, check oil, and give it a proper break in. You don't have to baby it because a little stress on the motor is actually good at break in, but don't red line it either. That's it man your good to go. My friend is a die-hard Honda guy ( as am I ) and bugged the hell out of me to buy a CRF 50. But, to get a CRF 50 equal to my bike you'd be into it about $ 3000.00 and it wouldn't be much of a Honda then anyway!! After seeing my bike & the way it shreds, he's selling one of his CRF 50's to get a bike like mine,, go figure?? Is it the best pit bike on the market,, no... Is it a great bike at a great price that any skilled or unskilled rider can shred some laps & have more fun than a barrel of monkeys on,, oh hell ya!!! I'm a picky, and some what anal person when it comes to dirt bike's and I can assure you this is a great little bike. I'm not easily impressed,, but the SSR 90R impressed me.... This is an honest & unbiased review. I hope it helped any potential buyer with their decision on what they can expect with this model.. Have fun & be safe..:applause:

Nice review. Thanks for the info. I've got my eye on this bike for the future as something to ride when I chase my little ones around on their CRF/XR 50's.

i am going nuts i can't wait to get my bike... i am hoping it will be here on friday so i can mess with it all weekend. great review makes me more confident that i made the right choice

Nice review. Thanks for the info. I've got my eye on this bike for the future as something to ride when I chase my little ones around on their CRF/XR 50's.

:applause: You could use it for that too,,, but dad's 50 is on steroids!!

Great wirte up. Let us know how it holds up.

Thanks & :applause: I definitely will do that..

i am going nuts i can't wait to get my bike... i am hoping it will be here on friday so i can mess with it all weekend. great review makes me more confident that i made the right choice

If you bought it for the same reason i did,,," To have fun on" then yes you made a good decesion!! Show it some love @ assembly and you'll be good to go....:applause: