Sign in to follow this  

wiring

if anyone doesn't want to cut the green wire going into the cdi, when they put an E cdi(or yosh) on an s or sm, it is easy to remove the wire from the plug.

The yellow "guide" inside the plug just slides out, and then you can use a dentist pick, or pin, to "undo" , depress the tab that lets the connector slide out of the plug.

Once you slide out the inner guide, you can see how the female connector is held in.

obviously, you then re-insert the guide, before plugging the plug back into the cdi.

I taped the , now spare wire back into the harness to keep it from getting wet , dirty and corroding

That way you can simply plug it back into the plug if you fit the stock cdi at a later date.

also, the speedo was changed for 2005/2006, does anyone know what the gray wire that went into the main plug of the older ones, does? The newer ones only have three wires going into that main plug.

thanks

The gray wire is jumpered in the wire harnes to an orange wire. Redundent since one of the 4 is also an orange wire. I suppose the newer unit just makes the same connection inside the unit. I suspect it is for the instrument lights. You can test by disconnecting that 1 wire and see what is missing.