GJ riding and camping

This area dries out very quickly

I would park at 29 rd. which you can see from the interstate, then just ride to 27 1/4 by the air port

Too bad you can't come to 18 rd. to check out all the stuff i have built out there

Where is the best area to ride and camp. I heard north of the airport is good. Is camping allowed and has the area dried out?

Thanks for giving me another reason to use my map program (see attached map). I like 27 1/4 rd. There is not as many users, and it seems a little quieter. There are a lot of different options for riding. I would ride for a day in the north desert, and another at Rabbit Valley.

Regards,

TJ

Experimentdesertloop.jpg

Is the road to the camping area on 271/4 doable with an RV? Are there any tracks/jumps to practice on? Any camping restrictions there? Sorry for all the questions but this will be my son's and my first trip out there from the front range....thanks for all the advice.....

yes you can get any size rv you have in there, the road is paved for about a mile and graded dirt after that. from the entrance there is a natural track on the south side of the road about a mile in or so. grand juction is a great place to ride for any level rider, from the most extreme hillclimbs and down hills you can find to putting around just cruising, i don't personally look for jumps but i know over by the track there is a lot of nice step ups and downs and some good gaps. we go out there often from denver and know the place very well, let me know when you're going out there and there's a good chance we'll be there and can show you around.

thinking of heading out early saturday for the day, usually from september through april we try to head out there two or three times a month, before or after that it's a little hot out there with no trees for shade

i'll be at 27 1/4 road sunday morning in a burgandy chevy p.u. with a black dodge p.u. so if you want to see a 1996 climb hills and spank the living crap out of a crf250 then i'll see you there, as for all this talk i'm done talking about it so i'll see you on sunday