Sign in to follow this  

Dunlop D952?

I just ordered a D952 for the rear for my CRF450, that I only ride on tracks, is this the rear that the majority of CRF owners prefer for a variety of tracks?

Guess I should of asked first, but I had to put in a order real quick.:applause:

I just put one on last fall, it's a acts a lot like the 756 but lasts longer. I still like the s-12 tire better.

I just put one on last fall, it's a acts a lot like the 756 but lasts longer. I still like the s-12 tire better.

Is the 756 the stocker? I actually liked the stock rear, just figured I'd listen to my fellow TT'ers and try the 952 if it was better.

Does anyone know where to get a good price on the D742FA front? A lot of places don't even have them yet.

The 756 is a better rear tire but it wears quickly on hard pack. The 742FA is an excellent front tire. Your dealer should be able to get them from Tucker and Parts Unlimited now.

The 952 (rear)is a great long lasting tire, takes a beating and seems to hook up in everything from mud to sand dunes:thumbsup: As for the 742fa I just ordered one from motosport 2 days ago, hopefully it will arrive for the weekend!

I just stuck a 952 on today. Is it me or are Dunlops easier to get on then other tires. Man, I took off a Michelin that I tried and almost spun a nut:eek:

I don't see how you guys like the 952 in the mud. I hated it, the s-12 is twice as good in the mud.

Well this is good to hear, considering I ride at two tracks that are kind of loamy, one that is muddy and a little rocky, and one that is sandy. :applause:

I actually have them on both the front and rear. I swear by the rear...just as others said, just like the 756 but lasts a lot longer.

The front I was skeptical about but got it cause my good buddy owns his own shop and uses any tire his heart desires loved it and I was amazed because its the spring thaw here now and pure muck!!:applause: Plus I got it for 50 bucks which is better than a 756. Honestly I am amazed at it.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think thumpers are as sensitive to various tire designs as two strokes. That is if you use a hardpack tire on a loamy track, it still hooks up great. The only thing I've noticed is if you do just the opposite and use a soft-terrain tire on hardpack, it will wear quickly, but still hook up nicely. As far as Dunlops being easier to change than other brands, I think that's true, too. A buddy of mine always used Bridgestones and I swear they were like changing car tires they were so stiff! He sucked at tire changing so I always had to do it for him and I hated changing those things. BTW, if you're ever feeling manly, change a streetbike tire sometime. Not only are they wide and low-profile, but you have to be careful not to scratch the rims.

I actually have them on both the front and rear. I swear by the rear...just as others said, just like the 756 but lasts a lot longer.

The front I was skeptical about but got it cause my good buddy owns his own shop and uses any tire his heart desires loved it and I was amazed because its the spring thaw here now and pure muck!!:applause: Plus I got it for 50 bucks which is better than a 756. Honestly I am amazed at it.

I liked the 952 front on my 04 but for some reason it's horrible on my 05. It just feels totally different. In a bad way.

I went to a 739 and like it everywhere.

Surely if you are riding hardpack, packed mud or Rocks you should be fitting a D739, harder compound and specific nobble layout enables optimum traction, will probably suck in the mud though.

You should be switching to a softer compound tire like the D752 or D756 if mud or sand riding as the softer compond and revised nobble design has more give and grabs the shitty mud much better to improve traction.

Hard compound in mud will just spin losing you traction, balance and time, a soft compound on hardpack will not spin but that little bit of give which compliments it in mud will loose you time on hardpack and the track will also cut it to pieces.

I know it's time, effort and more money but you will have much better control if you use the correct tire for the terrain and your tire will last much longer effectively saving you money in the long run.

I have a spare rear wheel and have either soft or soft-intermediate on one and intermediate - hard on the other.

Obviously all the above is IMO but hope it helps :applause:

Anybody have any knowledge with tires on 250 2-smokes? When I get some extra cash I want to throw some new tires on my CR250. I mainly trail ride that, but I still like to play with it on the track with it.

Do you guys think the same tires I use on my 450 will be good on the 250?

I have a 756 front and a Michelin S12 rear. My buddy has the same setup on his yz250 and it works well in the mud and soft conditions and performs pretty well on dry hardpack. The Michelin s12 front is supposed to be a great tire (probably why it was sold out when I went to buy one) but I haven't had a chance to try it out.

Anybody have any knowledge with tires on 250 2-smokes? When I get some extra cash I want to throw some new tires on my CR250. I mainly trail ride that, but I still like to play with it on the track with it.

Do you guys think the same tires I use on my 450 will be good on the 250?

My buddy has a CR250 and uses the 952 rear and 742 front and likes it.

Surely if you are riding hardpack, packed mud or Rocks you should be fitting a D739, harder compound and specific nobble layout enables optimum traction, will probably suck in the mud though.

You should be switching to a softer compound tire like the D752 or D756 if mud or sand riding as the softer compond and revised nobble design has more give and grabs the shitty mud much better to improve traction.

Hard compound in mud will just spin losing you traction, balance and time, a soft compound on hardpack will not spin but that little bit of give which compliments it in mud will loose you time on hardpack and the track will also cut it to pieces.

I know it's time, effort and more money but you will have much better control if you use the correct tire for the terrain and your tire will last much longer effectively saving you money in the long run.

I have a spare rear wheel and have either soft or soft-intermediate on one and intermediate - hard on the other.

Obviously all the above is IMO but hope it helps :applause:

Kind of hard to be changing compounds when you race enduros. The conditions are always different, but more rocks than anything. The 739 actually works pretty good in the mud, the best allaround tire for conditions around here.

Any tire will clean out unless you're crawling along.

Kind of hard to be changing compounds when you race enduros. The conditions are always different, but more rocks than anything. The 739 actually works pretty good in the mud, the best allaround tire for conditions around here.

Any tire will clean out unless you're crawling along.

Fair point, assumed knowledge was for MX uses, apologies...

I'd go with the 739 then overall for durability and general traction :applause: