Buddy's crf 230

I've got a buddy that has a crf 230. He put a BBR full exhaust system on it. It seems realy cold blooded to me. My bike starts right up and he is there almost five minutes getting the thing warmed up enough to stay running. Could this mean that it needs rejetted? I told him when he bought the pipe that he should rejet it. But the "destructions" that came with it said that regetting was not nessisary. Any help would be appreciated.

Nick

I've got a buddy that has a crf 230. He put a BBR full exhaust system on it. It seems realy cold blooded to me. My bike starts right up and he is there almost five minutes getting the thing warmed up enough to stay running. Could this mean that it needs rejetted? I told him when he bought the pipe that he should rejet it. But the "destructions" that came with it said that regetting was not nessisary. Any help would be appreciated.

Nick

He totally needs to rejet. And he needs to take the baffle out of the air box.

post riding elevation and temps and you will have many replies about advise for what jets. I run 120/45 in Sacramento and into the foothills and slight mountains. Oh yeah, my needle is in the 4th clip down from the top.

We live and ride in NE Ohio, I think we a fairly close to see level here. 70 to 80 deg is where we do most of our riding and he has problems there too. He tried to start it the other day when It was about 50 or so and he must have worked a half an hour to get it to run, now granted it was the first time he started it since last fall.

Hey, Thanks alot for the help I'll see if I can talk him into it. He dosn't like to do things that aren't in the manual or instructions? He's kind of funny about those things:excuseme:

Nick

I totally agree with rejetting and uncorking......but to be honest they are rather cold blooded......I let mine run/idle for at least 5-10 minutes while I get my stuff together so it's nice and warm when I'm ready to ride....:applause:

Hey, Thanks alot for the help I'll see if I can talk him into it. He dosn't like to do things that aren't in the manual or instructions :applause: He's kind of funny about those things:excuseme:

Nick

He sounds like my wife , that's why her bike is still stock.