Sign in to follow this  

Can I get some suspension price feeback.....

I called a local suspension shop and they said they would install stiffer springs in my forks for around $260, what do you all think?? Should I save some money and tackle this myself??

That sounds like a reasonable price. you can do it yourself for about half of that. it's a fairly easy job if you are not afraid to take the forks off of your bike.

• Like 1

I'm thinking I'm going to do it myself just because the extra $150 I could buy the rear spring too. What do you all recommend for fork oil and weight?

I used 7wt oil and .47kg springs and a race teck 6kg spring in back. The bike really handles the whoop sections better now...:applause:

• Like 1

Cool man! Exactly the feedback I was looking for!! Thanks for all the input. One more quick Q, did you install the fork springs yourself??

Cool man! Exactly the feedback I was looking for!! Thanks for all the input. One more quick Q, did you install the fork springs yourself??

No, I took the forks off and brought them to a local shop in Reno. (not a dealer). Since the forks were off of the bike, the labor was pretty cheap. I did the rear spring myself as long as the bike was apart (I was doing the stage 2 Hot Cams at the same time). All I need now is the FCR Kit. (My E model is 50 state legal and came with the Mikuni :applause: )

Are you guys taking into account your body weights? What works for a 150lb guy won't work for a 200lb guy.

• Like 1

Are you guys taking into account your body weights? What works for a 150lb guy won't work for a 200lb guy.

Good point,

the 7wt with .47kg and 6 kg spring works well for me @ 220lbs:applause:

I don't think I would go that much on the rear spring but your setting will be pretty close to mine, I weigh about 205 in full gear. I will call up race tech and see what they recommend. Thanks again for all the input.:applause:

Just did .46 front and 5.4 last weekend. I'm 160-170. Did all the work myself and very easy to do. I recommend you do it yourself, not really much can go wrong.

when i get enough money im goin to racetech, two of my freinds had their bikes done their and they love it, total for each bike front and rear was about 700.00 with the forks andrear shock off the bike.

Just did .46 front and 5.4 last weekend. I'm 160-170. Did all the work myself and very easy to do. I recommend you do it yourself, not really much can go wrong.

Did you need any special tools? Or do you just pop off the caps and pull the springs out? How does the suspension work now?:applause:

for the 250 that should get you springs & valving up frt. then another 250 for the rear spring & valving out back. if your just swapping springs the rear is easy enough to do, the front will isnt that bad, but I had a shop do it for $40 if your just swapping them it will make a good diff, revalving makes a giant diff for the better Good Luck:thumbsup: