Which Jets for XR100?

My suggestion is to get a few jets around the size you think you need. Every bike is different and so are the riding conditions.

14-3100 is the 100 main

14-3102 is the 102 main

14-2138 is your 38 pilot jet.

I say get a another above and below what you think you need so you can try each one out and see which one works right for your bike, altitude and riding conditions.

Thanks Fordfreak. That's what I thought. I read on previous posts that I needed the one for the "PD", but I just wanted to make sure. However, I just tried to place the order and there is a minimum of 4 per jet per order. Basically I would have to buy 12 total jets for a total of $60 plus shipping to get what I want! Does anyone know where to get jets individually? Or is anyone interested in a possible small group buy. If I could get 2 or 3 people that need these same jets I could order them and disperse them splitting shipping.

If you go to the dealer or a local shop, you should be able to get them individually. Get 100, 102, and 105 main. You probably won't need a bigger pilot, but you could get one anyway. No one can tell you exactly what jet to use, you just have to try it and see how it works. They only take a few minutes to change and test.

Yeah, they use the small round mains. But for the backfiring, go out a 1/2 turn out on the fuel screw or if that doesn't work, 7 times out of 10 your exhaust is loose and you have an exhaust leak. Tighten it up or get a new gasket. The other 20%, your intake is craked and only about 10% of the time your pilot is too small. But I alway carry tons of jets anyway just in case. Because you never know.

Oh yeah, I'm kinda kidding about the %'s. But it does seem that way.

Ok, I'll up the main and see how it runs with fuel screw modifications. I also plan on dropping the clip one notch, does this sound right? I ride at about elev. 650'. Where is a good starting point for the fuel screw? It's currently set at 2.5 out. My factory Honda Service Manual should be here any day now, so hopefully that will send me in the right direction.

Ok, I'll up the main and see how it runs with fuel screw modifications. I also plan on dropping the clip one notch, does this sound right? I ride at about elev. 650'. Where is a good starting point for the fuel screw? It's currently set at 2.5 out. My factory Honda Service Manual should be here any day now, so hopefully that will send me in the right direction.

My crf100 does not have multiple clips settings. I was going to do same this as you but after I pulled carb out I found that there is only one clip setting. Does yours have more than one setting..