CR250 Help

I'm about to pull the carb off and attempt to work on it. I have a stuck float or something is wrong with it at least. Is there anything that I should look out for or be aware of, like any springs or stuff that can pop out? This is my first time workin on a motorcycle carb, and I'm leary. I usually try to stay away from this stuff. Bike is a 02 CR250.

a big spring will be under the cap, it wont fly out, but it is there, it is the spring that makes your throttle snap back when you let off, and learn from some of my buddys mistakes, the screws that hold the float bowl on, if they are hard to get off, hit them with some aero kroil, or wd40, if you strip the screw head part out, you will have a hell of a time gettin them out,

Use some white paper towel on a clean table to easily find peaces if they fall. Other then that, there shouldn't be anything falling out when you actually pull the carb from the bike. Then again, make sure you have a clean and flat surface under the bike.

Yeah, I have the bike on my flat patio that I am working on. I am really anal about cleaning my bike, so dirt is not a problem cause I could eat off it if I wanted to. I've always been scared about working on carbs, I'm not sure why. (probably the fear of messing it up). I have the Service Manual so it should be a bit easier, I was just worried that anything will fly out. Thanks for the tips, I'll post back if I have any questions as I go along, I'm starting now :applause:

Sorry for all the questions, this is something I'm completely new to..

So what do I do now? I got the carb out and cleaned it up (the bottom is still a tad dirty, but it should be fine). Now what do I do from here. I know I take off the bottom bolt and the screw, but how do I actually fix the float or w/e it is?

100_1193.jpg

100_1194.jpg

Sorry for all the questions, this is something I'm completely new to..

So what do I do now? I got the carb out and cleaned it up (the bottom is still a tad dirty, but it should be fine). Now what do I do from here. I know I take off the bottom bolt and the screw, but how do I actually fix the float or w/e it is?

100_1193.jpg

100_1194.jpg

How do you know the floatbowl is your problem? Does it leaks gas even when upright? Plus is it me or you're missing a screws? but yes, remove all the screws to remove the bottom cover.

Then you can remove all the jets to make sure they are clean. Make sure everything is clean in there an check if your flote bowl is working proprely.

Yup. I already had a thread on here about a problem I had, and I had like 15 replies all telling me that it was my float that was stuck, so I figure I will start there!:applause:
had the same problem. Just remove the bottom end and play with the floater, put everything back on (you can clean the jets if you want) and your problem will be fixed.?

Naw. The float was stuck, so ANYTIME my bike was no moving (me giving it gas), it was a continuous flow out of the overflow tube. With the bike on or off, hot or cold, it would flow and not stop (not just dribbles).

Ahhh I see.