Sign in to follow this  

Thinking Motoland or maybe even BR Sunday...

I am thinking riding may be in order this weekend....anybody think BR will be open? I am also leaning toward Motoland but my son can't ride there so not sure.

Anybody wanna go?

Weather from Tommy skillet head is...

Tom Skilling's 7-day forecast

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

53 Unseasonably warm with temperatures surpassing the day’s record high of 72º set in 1995. Sunshine along with some patches of high cloudiness. Gusty southwest winds overcome any lake cooling. Cloudy intervals Tuesday night and unusually mild with lows 20-25º above normal.

Wednesday

37 A transition day. It starts mild, but temperatures crash late-day from north to south as winds shift to the northeast. Sprinkles/light rain at night.

Thursday

29 Blustery and much colder with gusty northeast winds off the lake. Periods of rain during the day, possibly ending as snow showers at night.

Friday

19 Mostly cloudy and chilly with highs 5-10º below normal. Some morning sprinkles possible. Steady northwest winds.

Saturday

23 A cold start with some teens inland. Abundant sunshine moderates the chill a bit during the afternoon, but highs remain below normal.

Sunday

30 Sunshine mixes with patchy afternoon clouds. Seasonable temperatures as winds shift to the southwest later in the day.

Hmmm...just called BR and they will not be open anytime soon it sounds like....

Motoland it probably is! Let's hope they open Sunday!

Hmmm...just called BR and they will not be open anytime soon it sounds like....

That sucks. I was going to try BR out this weekend.:applause: Maybe in a few weeks.

How about Doublestuff? The trail loop is very fun and the track is good but its all sand....

Pending weather, this is an option too...:applause: Right now, i got nobody to ride with......WFO, Hogie, Ron?

I'm in,D-stuff sounds like a plan.40's still kinda chilly,I HAVE TO RIDE!!!!!

40's is ok at D-Stuff as it seems to be protected from the wind .....at least in the wooded trail loop it is....:applause:

Who did you talk to at Buffalo?

What did they say?

It was on the answering machine......is that an old message??

If you called the cell phone number (the 488 number), yeah I believe that is the same one from last weekend.

EDIT: Just called and checked myself and that is a different message...DAMN!

I'll try calling back later in the week and hopefully it will have changed, he did say to check back.

I'm betting there's a lot of standing water in the back section of the clay track. And according to my brother, they can't even get equipment down to the sand track yet.

Now where are we gonna ride?????

i am for either motoland or doublestuff.

ive had a really hellish few weeks and i am ready to blow off some steam on then moto track.

so which bike should i bring?

I might be game for a weekend ride.... I'm all warmed up after spending 10 days down south. :applause:

i am for either motoland or doublestuff.

ive had a really hellish few weeks and i am ready to blow off some steam on then moto track.

so which bike should i bring?

Based on the weather i am leaning toward D-Stuff (if they are even open) but not counting motoland out. My son wants to ride and I am thinking the trail at D-Stuff would be a crash course in sand riding, hehe.

bruce....bring the 144! If you let me ride it I will let you ride my CRF25o, hehe :applause:

no riding in two months and the best we can get is 13 replies! &%$#@!!?!!?!?!?!

so whos in for sunday? anyone local to motoland know if they are gonna be open???

well, i just checked the forcast- high 30s and snow forcast for sunday.

I talked to one of the Motoland "insiders" he said the track is ready. The owners concern is rider turnout. He has alot of overhead to open up, ambulance, insurance, flaggers and other track people. He is watching the weather just like the rest of us. He wants to be open but he can't afford to lose money. I don't know how many riders he needs to open but if you have an interest in riding there I would call the track and leave a message to let him know. We all know some smaller tracks just open their gates and here you go have fun (we don't prep the track give us your $25). Motoland is much larger and better than some of the others at the same prices.

Pretty soon we will be saying it's too hot to ride.

If the weather is ok...I am in for motoland....Tommy skillet haid say high of 43 ith showers developing in the afternoon.

I guess we can all touch base saturday evening.

I love to ride Motoland, but my hand is still giving me some problems. I rode last week @ D-stuff, I can't take the hit on landings yet. I might bw pushing my rehab time to much

I love to ride Motoland, but my hand is still giving me some problems. I rode last week @ D-stuff, I can't take the hit on landings yet. I might bw pushing my rehab time to much

That sucks Hogie. Hope it gets better quickly for you.