Sign in to follow this  

engine coolant over flow

hey, im havin trouble wit my yzf 250 i can just run it up to temperature in my garage and there will just be loads of coolant pouring out of the over flow can any one help? im sure this shouldnt happen, is there any common faults with these mines a 04 model!

cheers

I don't have much 250 experience, but the 400,426, and 450 do not like to sit @ idle. This is not uncommon on the bigger bikes due to lack of airflow. I suspect it is the same on the 250's. If you are not losing collant during a ride I don't think you have a problem.

You cant let it sit and idle for any longer than a few minutes. If I let my '06 250F sit and idle for more than 5 minutes it would start to push coolant out of the overflow.

They dont have a fan on them, so if you arent moving you arent getting any air flowing over the radiator, so it doesnt take long for them to get hot.

If you're going to sit still, its going to overheat. no air to go through to cool the engine down so it'll get hotter and hotter. so it pukes when its not happy :applause: .