Sign in to follow this  

which handguards are better???

my birthday is on thursday and im not sure which handguards i want. i want something nice and strong so if i fall it wont break, and it should have plenty of coverage. i was thinking the acerbis rally pro or the acerbis multiplo enduro or the acerbis multiconcept enduro handguard. the multiconcepts can have the "swivel" mount, but i dont know what its for. any help would be great.

Dont buy cheap hand guards. I bought a cheap set and the first time I dropped the bike on its side, they bent to hell and back. I replaced them with some Cycra Pro bends with triple clamp mount and dropped the bike on them many times. They never moved. They are expensive, but worth it.

Ditto on what Auburn said. Probend by Cycra and get colored flags to match the bike once the stock clear plastic are toast. Been on my cycra for 4 years now and still running straight. Just freshen up plastic 1/2x a year.

do not by any acerbis hand guards all of them are junk, i would get the Cycra pro bends i have had mine for a little over a year and they HAVE NEVER TWISTED.

Ditto on what Auburn said. Probend by Cycra and get colored flags to match the bike once the stock clear plastic are toast. Been on my cycra for 4 years now and still running straight. Just freshen up plastic 1/2x a year.

If you order from the cycra site you can pick any color they have.

I love my Cycra Pro-bends! These guards are damn tough and look sweet! I found a great fit using the "U" clamp with my stock pro-taper bars on my 06 yz.

yah but they look like milk jugs cut in half and i dont need THAT muchcoverage. before on my kx80 i had the acerbis rally brush minicross and they took quite a beating, even with just the plastic. i am still leaning toward the multiplo though. im not sure

i would stay away from the acerbis i have trashed them the first time i put them on, but i see you in california so it might be different. also you can take the plastic of the probend them and just run the bar across

I 2nd (or how ever many it's up to now) the cycra's

Go with the tripple clamp mount though

If you think there's too much coverage, buy the "mx" plastics that fit.

I run those + I drilled holes in them for the 105 degree races.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=37270

I think they look good?:applause:

i have moose and have ad noo problems and my dad runs enduro engenering and he has had no problems. but i have hers a lot of good talk about cycra's hand guards

I 2nd (or how ever many it's up to now) the cycra's

Go with the tripple clamp mount though

If you think there's too much coverage, buy the "mx" plastics that fit.

I run those + I drilled holes in them for the 105 degree races.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=37270

I think they look good?:applause:

You just sold me on the Cycra's. I was unsure how theyd look, but I like them a lot.

You just sold me on the Cycra's. I was unsure how theyd look, but I like them a lot.

my garage should have a couple different angles with them on

glad I could help:busted: :applause:

I have the Acerbis with the metal running through them and like them. This is the 3rd bike I have had them on and have always had great luck with them holding up when I go down. I do see a lot of youout there don't like them. How come???

I have the Acerbis with the metal running through them and like them. This is the 3rd bike I have had them on and have always had great luck with them holding up when I go down. I do see a lot of youout there don't like them. How come???

My buddy had the Acerbis metal hand guards on his brand new KTM 525, he went down on a fall (not that big of a fall) and the metal bar/guard bent - and I don't mean it shifted up or rotated, I mean literally bent. It was surprising to me that it bent that easily, my Moose guards have taken MUCH worse beatings than that and they didn't bend. What was even more surprising to me was my buddy bent them BACK into place with his bare HANDS I thought to myself, uh, nice strong guards there - he won't be buying Acerbis hand guards anymore... :applause:

Acerbis suck, I spent 80 bucks on a pair and they broke in 6 months. Bailing wire has kinda fixed them for now, but I need a new pair or some avs levers

i have arebecs hand gaurds and they work well till u drop it and the bend and the clutch gets stuck...:applause:

Cycra Probends with "Solution Mount"! I have this mount and I think it makes the bars even stiffer. The bars will never bend with this mount! It makes crashing a whole lot less stressful! Gave me more confidence to try more difficult terrains and hill climbs!

Flemped...what year/model bike do you have the Solution Mount on? I've been thinking about this setup and would love to see some pics or hear more about how it fits on a Yamaha!

Ben