Sign in to follow this  

Pirelli MT21 or Dunlop D606?

In the Fall, I put on a set of Pirelli Rallycross MT21 tires on my DR. I had the same size in the rear as the stock set of Bridgestones (120/90 17). My rear tire is wasted. I put 2500 miles on it and want to replace it with another rear. I don't need to do the front. It's fine.

My questions are should I stay with the MT21 or switch to the Dunlop D606 rear tire? Both seem the same in style put I have never ran the Dunlop. Also, should I go to a 130/90 17 instead of the 120/90 17 that I'm currently running. I do a lot of off road riding, but I like to ride to where I'm going. I also like to do DS rides in my area as well.

Thanks for all the info ahead of time. I'll stand back and let the comments come in.

Terry

I am using the 606's on my DR. I have the 130/90. Probably get more miles on the bigger tire. I have about 1000 miles on mine. Has very little wear. But I have not rode much on the pavement. Maybe 250 miles or less.

I say their both good tires, just get the cheapest one you can find.

I run the D606 tires front and rear. I only have a few miles on the road but almost 500 in the desert on them. The rear is still in great shape. keep in mind that I race on these tires with lots of rocks on the mountain sections. And I like to keep the rear tire spinning in the rough stuff so I can throw the bike into a quick turn if I need to. The front is still like brand new. I have never used the Pirellis before but from the use I have gotten out of the D606 I am hooked on them.

You can expect about 2000 - 2500 miles on the D606 if you ride over 50% paved roads. I really like them on and off the road. MT21 are good to but might not be quite as good as the 606 off road.