Sign in to follow this  

Count Down Has Begun!!!!

well, i finally sold my 2005 crf100...guy is coming to pick it up Friday, cash in hand.....and my mom said we can go pick up my 2007 KTM 250 SXF on saturday!!!!!

i am so frickin HAPPY!!! FINALLY!!!!!! my own 2007 250SXF:ride: :lol: :lol: :applause::eek:

ill post pics when i get it...

Later

CANT WAIT!!!! all i have heard were good things about this bike...turning, suspension, motor, chasis, EVERYTHING!!!

CANT WAIT!!!! all i have heard were good things about this bike...turning, suspension, motor, chasis, EVERYTHING!!!

don't be surprised if the bike doesn't start worth a hoot when you get it. Go ahead and get the JD jet kit and a Scott's fuel screw so you can get that straightened out. Taking the subframe off is the easiest way to get it done and it allows you to check and loctite appropriate bolts. The correct Torx bit for the subframe is in your KTM toolkit. Also, expect the stock chain to wear out quickly. Go ahead and get a couple of oil filters and change it after your first heat cycle. I had a lot of metal filings with the first change, one the size of the end of a pencil eraser.:applause: The oil screen bolts are a bear to break loose the first time. Get extra O rings for the one on the bottom as it's easy to tear.

Check my ongoing review and findings for other tidbits of good info.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=459179

• Like 1

My bike was hard to start when I first got it so be ready, but now that it's broken in it starts 1st or 2nd kick now everytime, even when its really cold outside. IMO you should save your money for something else and not waste it on jetting, the bike is absolutely PERFECT.

Oh, if you only knew...:applause::eek:

where can i get a JD kit? how much too....im gonna be pretty empty after buying the bike.....maybe mommy or daddy can get me it...haha....and what about the scott fuel screw, whats it help and where can i get more info?

yes, and yes. Once you get the jetting dialed in you can fine tune the mixture with the screw to accomodate temp or altitude changes. Otherwise you would have a he!! of a time adjusting the mixture on the fly.

Whats that suppose to meen. Motofreak if you got the extra money then go ahead and get the JD kit but if you dont then the bike dosen't really need it anyway and save up for something else.

The only way you will know what it means is to spend the money and see for yourself. Kind of hard to consider your opinion valid when you have not tried it both ways. Kind of like my 5 yr old sayin' he doesn't like some food when he hasn't even tried it. :applause:

It's well known that these bikes come lean from the factory.

If I could give you my 2cents, I would say that the JD kit really opened up the engine on my bike. I had around 8 hrs on it and thought the engine to be strong and smooth. When the temps dropped this winter, I had a hard time starting it, so I purchased the kit, just hoping that it would help with starting. Once, I got the right jet in the carb, I really noticed a big change in the way the engine pulled from bottom end to top end. The easiest way to describe it, is to say the engine has opened up. Sharp crisp engine response, and a stronger pull thoughout.

Since you live in Ca, it may not be as big of an issue, but I would strongly encourage you to check with other local riders in your area and see if anyone else has experienced the same as me.

You will love the bike otherwise, expecially for a guy your age and weight.

Good luck and be safe

well...i talked to the guy at the dealer today, and he put my name on a tag on the bike...and im calling tomorrow during school, to put a deposit on it..the last one they have in stock...he said he HIGHLY doubts itll be sold if i call at 10 when they open...only prob. is i am at PE at 10, so should i "forget"my PE clothes and sit out, and call during PE and put a deposit on it to be guarunteed the bike, or do PE and take the chance of calling 15 minutes after opening?

Whats that suppose to meen. Motofreak if you got the extra money then go ahead and get the JD kit but if you dont then the bike dosen't really need it anyway and save up for something else.

Now that´s first time i´ve heard this... Everyone else is raving about the JD kit but you think it´s a waste of money ?? I´ve used his stuff on my 450´s & 525`s a few years now and i´m using one in my -07 450 too and i`ll tell you his stuff is well worth every penny. My friend installed one in his 250 SXF recently (after i recommended it to him) and his bike got easier to start,almost impossible to stall & it gained more power throughout.

In my book that is something else than a bike "not needing it"...:applause:

Now that´s first time i´ve heard this... Everyone else is raving about the JD kit but you think it´s a waste of money ?? I´ve used his stuff on my 450´s & 525`s a few years now and i´m using one in my -07 450 too and i`ll tell you his stuff is well worth every penny. My friend installed one in his 250 SXF recently (after i recommended it to him) and his bike got easier to start,almost impossible to stall & it gained more power throughout.

In my book that is something else than a bike "not needing it"...:eek:

In other words, he needs to go out and a nice bling pipe!!:lol: :lol:

it's just a learing curve, that's all.:applause: