Sign in to follow this  

1979 CR250 help

well, what would you pay? my dad has found one on ebay not 3 hours away and were seriously conseridering it. but the bidding has reached 1300 bucks and were ot sure what to go up to now. what would you pay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-CR-1979-HONDA-CR250R-ORIGINAL-NOT-RESTORED-Nice_W0QQitemZ320091840102QQcategoryZ50001QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Nice bike and appears to need very little to be race ready. That's a BIG plus.

I'd pay up to $2200 or maybe a bit more. I've been pricing these and like them, but just haven't found the bike yet.

Plus the wife says I have too many bikes already . . . impossible of course.

Use a sniper program to put in your bid. I like auctionsniper.com

Also, email the owner and see if he's interested in doing an off-ebay cash deal. You give him $$$, he cancels the auction. That's what I would do.

You can find old 78-79 CR250's for $300-500 that need work all the time. Don't pay over $1500 for the bike, they are just too easy to find in good shape. I actually found 2 in the last month by me, one for $800 race ready (a great runner, but not as pretty as that one) and a $300 runner that needed about $300 to be race ready. Parts are easy to get too. :eek: Keep looking, a better deal is out there. :applause:

You can find old 78-79 CR250's for $300-500 that need work all the time. Don't pay over $1500 for the bike, they are just too easy to find in good shape. I actually found 2 in the last month by me, one for $800 race ready (a great runner, but not as pretty as that one) and a $300 runner that needed about $300 to be race ready. Parts are easy to get too. :eek: Keep looking, a better deal is out there. :applause:

They ALL seem to be up your way. Oregon must have some kind of magnetic attraction for nice CR250s.

They ALL seem to be up your way. Oregon must have some kind of magnetic attraction for nice CR250s.

Vintage is pretty big in the PNW. :applause: Craigslist for Seattle and Portland always have good vintage bikes. :eek: