Sign in to follow this  

1985 Yamaha RZ350 Kenny Roberts worth buying???

I'm a Honda man but have a great lead on a 1985 Yamaha RZ350 Kenny Roberts. The bike has 7000 miles on it and is in very nice condition. It has been sitting for about 1 year in dry storage. It will need carb. clean up and a tank flush at least. What do you guys think this bike would be worth? The guy really does not know what he has and does not want it anymore Thanks!!

not sure what it is worth, but it is a cool bike. one of the last street legal 2strokes in the US.

btw, king kenny did not race it. just painted yellow and black like his yamaha.

The K.R. Signiture version had a Yamaha yellow/black paint job. AFAIK it was otherwise a standard RZ350.

They're fun bikes. Nice engine--a version of it powered the Banshee ATV. The fact that it's a street-going two stroke makes them special. Chassis-wise they're nothing to write home about.

I wouldn't mind having one.

I have a stocker and a trick one and they're bulletproof. My trick one is for the lack of simple terms is violent when it hits the pipe. I have 17" wheels and late model brakes, newer suspension, GP routed chambers, ported cylinders to cases, milled head, Boyeseen reeds, 28mm carbs, K&Ns.... fixing to put a TZR banana swingarm on it.

Craigus

I had one of those for about 3 years. The most fun street bike I ever had.

At 7000 miles if it is in good shape I say buy it and just keep it. I wish I would have kept mine. This bike will only be more valuable as time goes on. It is a collectors item. If this bike was not so far away (Texas) I would be very intrested.

What do you guys think this bike might be worth buying? (good deal) I'm thinking about offering $2000??? or so..

If it's in at least decent shape then 2K sound like a steal.

...I have 17" wheels and late model brakes, newer suspension, GP routed chambers, ported cylinders to cases, milled head, Boyeseen reeds, 28mm carbs, K&Ns.... fixing to put a TZR banana swingarm on it.
That post is worthless without pics. Show us your bike! It sounds pretty trick...:applause:

The most fun street bike I ever had. I wish I would have kept mine. This bike will only be more valuable as time goes on. It is a collectors item.
Tad, learn from smithstan. Get that bike and hang on to it. Keep it clean and stock (well, maybe swap out the pipes), and break it out every now and then. As years go by, more and more people are gonna stop you to ask questions about that bike.

Have you seen the new Limited Edition bikes Yamaha is now producing? http://www.cyclenews.com/ShowStory.asp?HeadlineID=8162

The Kenny Roberts RZ350 has those bikes beat by 20 years!

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/epic_mcy/1984_rz350_small.aspx

http://www.mcreports.com/Pages/Indivbikes/Yamaha/RZ350.html

3500 for a nice KR rz is not out of hand.... these bikes keep getting more more sought after. ive seen them sell for 500 ( junk ) up to 5 grand for a super low mileage bike that was in a guys office at his business. good luck, scott

Ive seen R5s ,Rd 350s,Rd 400 Daytonas go for $2500 in junk cond.sounds like a great project.

I found 3 RZ350's on ebay and all of them are currently priced over $2000. Is it worth it is up to you to decide.

Fun bike , I have a 84 krrz350 in the shop with 2600 miles , all stock, also have the toomey racing pipe option for that bike. Fun bike to ride, love the hit of that 2 stroke.

KOOL! I got it!! Title in hand. The bike is in wonderful condition and is all original. It has 6,000 miles on it and needs a carb. cleaning and new battery. $1800 for it!!! Yah..

KOOL! I got it!! Title in hand. The bike is in wonderful condition and is all original. It has 6,000 miles on it and needs a carb. cleaning and new battery. $1800 for it!!! Yah..

We want Pics!!

I have a certain amount of envy!

Pipes on those things were a must. Then jet, and you will have a really fun bike!

The RZ350 is a really cool bike. The Yamaha Banshe is using that engine now, so don't worry about not being able to find parts. And if your feeling brave, you could get a 500cc (or bigger) kit for it, then you'd have a bike that could smoke just about any modern 600.

If your neighbor has a 1000cc superbike, then your going to have to get the NOS system upgrade, or even a turbo.

As you can see, the hop up options are endless with that bike.