who going to carnegie for the hill climbs?

I've always wanted to go and somehow always forget and then somehow remember about half way thru.

Me and a few buddys have been talking about it. Maybe we can find a way to put it on a calendar.

I'm sure it's a blast to watch...

I went last year thinking it would be epic, but after a few hours I got bored. I didn't think the hill was technical enough for the Pro riders. It was a drag race and they all seem to make it. Nothing like I seem on TV:excuseme: :applause: The kids on the 85's were the best part:applause: :eek:

Last year was the best in three years, had them going through gates on each side of the hill. When you start seeing 85's going up the same hill it's time to go...

i was working the amature hill last year (the middle hill). i was the kid with the headset and walkie-talkie sending the racers up the hill

Last year was the best in three years, had them going through gates on each side of the hill. When you start seeing 85's going up the same hill it's time to go...

Hey, what ever floats your boat guy's. Lucky I took lots of beer and a motorhome to retreat too. You guy's are telling me bikes were flipping off the hill like we see on TV? I was there and saw the drag race to the top. They need a straight up cliff at the top or something guy's.

Take lots of beer and walk the pits. These guy's can engineer some crazy machines:thumbsup:

Definitely the Pits are fun to walk through. You see all kinds of custom stuff. The "other hill" that they have used (Harrison or Hamilton or something like that) is much more fun to watch. This was the hill they featured when they did a Hill Climb segment on OLN.

I don't think they have used that hill in a few years?? That hill- they don't all make it up!!

Definitely worth going to see at least once.:applause:

Definitely the Pits are fun to walk through. You see all kinds of custom stuff. The "other hill" that they have used (Harrison or Hamilton or something like that) is much more fun to watch. This was the hill they featured when they did a Hill Climb segment on OLN.

I don't think they have used that hill in a few years?? That hill- they don't all make it up!!

Definitely worth going to see at least once.:applause:

You are right. The hill is called Harrison Hill. The reason it is not used any longer is that it is so steep that the damage to the hill for erosion prevention cannot be accomplished. The present hills are covered with hay after the event and with a little rain, the seeds in the soil will grow and the hill will recover. Since Carnegie is a State Park, we need to tread as lightly as possible and still have interesting events. :eek: