Sign in to follow this  

v-strom supermoto

Thnking about converting a crash damaged Suzuki 650 v-strom into a supermoto, before you snicker think about it more hp. than Aprilia 5.5 ,super reliable,easily modded to over 80 hp., remove the porky and ugly fairing and body work,replace the front end and 19" wheel with the comptete front from a drz 400 smr .,fabing a long travel rear end might be harder but doable.,maybe the tank seat and handle bars from drz also. this thing would be sweet ,aluminum frame , maybe 330 lbs or less., heavy for a real supermoto, but one kick ass street bike . It evan has dirt bike like steering geometry with it;s long 60" wheelbase and not to steep rake and trail ,I;ve heard of people flat traking these things so It;s not too far fetched of an Idea ....what yall think.

'

if you do it i want pics. i had a 1000 v-strom and made the mistake of selling it but i will be getting another very soon. i never heard of anyone flat-tracking a strom in a stock frame. i do know suzuki flat-tracks the 1000 but it is in either an sv or a custom built ( C/J style ) frame. the engine is also an sv 1000 but with lots of v stom parts, like the heads etc. alot of the strom parts were used to de-tune the sv engine to make it rideable. good luck with this project and keep us posted with pics ...:applause: ........

Makes me think about that SV650 converted to a Baja bike that I saw on SVrider.com. He said about all that was still SV was the frame and engine. Cool bike, but it had dirt tires on a streetbike, kind of Supermoto in reverse. :applause: