Sign in to follow this  

Have a delimma, maybe someone can help

hey all, i have been thinking but im not quite sure. I will be geting a 77 Yamaha 250 dirtbike, but i dont know if ill like riding it, so i maybe selling it. but i also have an old van that my parents are letting my fix up and sell for some money. long story short, i should be getting a bit of money fairly soon.

anyway, i kinda was looking at a little VW dune buggy. or maybe a quad, to give me something to play areound with in the sand dunes. but ive alwayts wanted an XR 400(or maybe 250), and it seems like ti would be a good choice over my Husky for long desert trips. and a 400 would have plenty of power.

my question is, right now im leaning towards the XR, they are cheap, reliable, and would do just about everything my Husky doesnt(soft suspention, torquey motor, generally good for long rides).

does this sound like a good plan? or would i regret getting another bike?

:EDIT: another option, put the money into modding my Husky, get the suspension reworked, get a new set(more comfortable for long rides, like a soft/medium tall height Guts seat), maybe a steering stabilizer, IMS tank, and maybe some power mods. but id prefer control/comfort over mroe power. this is a viable option as well. then i could either put any money i dont spend towards my truck, or something like a pit/play bike, idk. then id have 1 kickass bike instead of 2 stock bikes. what do you think?

the husky should be great for long rides.

But if i were you i would stay away from quads and get the xr400. An xr250 is much slower than your husky, my dads friends got one and my 04' yz250f has a ton more power than it.

the husky should be great for long rides.

But if i were you i would stay away from quads and get the xr400. An xr250 is much slower than your husky, my dads friends got one and my 04' yz250f has a ton more power than it.

The YZ is a TOTALY different motor though. The XR is built for thumpin around on the trail and the YZ is made to rip around the track.

Maybe even look into an XR650 for the dunes.

would a 400 be any good with a paddle in the dunes? kinda silly question i know

but the husky just has such hard suspension and seat.