Sign in to follow this  

NEED Orlando SX advice

pretty sure me, my brother n law and our 4 kids will have pit passes for the race, first of all its our first race

1. can i bring in a backpack with breakfast bars and the little juice pouches with the little straws you poke in.

2. once in can we leave to go back to my car, my 5 and 8 year old will probably have to change into long pants and shirt for the night events

3. is the food edible, been to around 100 college/nfl games and don't like to eat stadium food unless i am lucky enough to sit in a box/club house seat, i can bear it for 3.5 hours but 10-12 hours i'm not sure

4. do i pay for the 2ftx3ft posters

5. to get autographs (rc), where do i go

thanks, any other little tips please share, i want this to go smooth, especially with 4 small kids

john

John,

1. They would not allow us to bring in backpacks last year, now you could probably get away with a fany pack though.

2. You can go back to your car. Some events close the gate an hour before the event starts and wont let you back in even with a ticket stub. But I do remember Brian and I running back to the car during the races to get stuff so it shouldnt be a problem. Best thing is to bring your change of clothes, then ask when you go through the gates what time they will stop allowing reentry.

3. Food sucks and is quite expensive, but after 3 or 4 beers, who cares about taste? The kids will like the food however.

4. The riders will have posters of themselves that they autograph for you during autograph sessions. Get in line early as they shut it down without warning. You will be lucky to get 2 autographs so choose well.

5. Be waiting at the gate when the pits open so you can get to the rigs to get in line for autographs. RCs rig is easy to spot...look for the big yellow semi! :applause:

Don't know about backpacks but last year my wife and I had some snacks for our daughter (she was seven- not taking her this year) in a large purse. Security at the gate wouldn't let us in with anything food related, even hard candy!!!! Threw a few bucks into the trashcan!!!

Don't know if you can leave and get back in- never had to but have heard that you can.

Typical stadium food- hot dogs, burgers, chicken fingers etc.

You'll get autographs in the pits and pretty much all of the big name riders will have a color promo shot (free) that they will sign (not sure about size). I'm sure that there will be a BIG line for RC since this is his last SX race- I guess it comes down to how long you are willing wait in line!!!!

Tips- most of the factory riders have scheduled times for autograph sessions, usually posted at the rigs (if I remember right). You just have to decide who you want to go for and how much demand there might be for him (i.e. how early to get in line at the rig).

Rich

thanks dav, did you sell your bike. also you going or doing the er thing?

Still have the bike...I will be riding somewhere this year if I am not in the ER! :applause:

Yep, they wont let you bring anything food related in, I had to throw out a couple bottles of water, 2 banana's, granola bars, everything. Dave and I got lucky enough to stumble upon a lady who was letting people go out to their cars, since it was warm during the day, and it cooled off at night. Had to buy a couple shirts for the miss's so that wasnt great, considering the cost.

I guess they have their rules, but it sucked honestly. After drinking some beers that run back out to the cars wasnt all that fun either!!!!!!!

on my ticket stub (ticketmaster print from computer version) it does say "NO RE-ENTRY"

however, I know at Daytona last week you could go in/out, you just had to get stamped...

I have several questions for the experienced among us. Can you access the track with your ticket anytime to watch practice? What would be a good time to show up for autographs in the pits? :applause::eek:

Yes, you can enter and exit all day up until 530 - 6pm. They then close the gates...its when the pits close that they close the gates to reentry.

Pits are open 12:30 to 5:30- most of the teams post scheduled times for autograph sessions. Practice also starts at 12:30- last year only the East side of the stadium was open for practice (but you could sit wherever you wanted). About 5:30 or 6 they open up everything but you have to go to your assigned seating.

Rich

We're off to Orlando. I will be hunting down some pit passes when I get there, I never received mine in the mail :applause: If anyone has 3 to spare I will be glad to meet you somewhere to get them. My Cell # 727-455-2995

Thanks