Sign in to follow this  

KDX 220 soft forks

Do a KX fork conversion or maybe just put different springs from Eibach or Race Tech. The stockers are filled with marshmallow fluff, sometimes they put springs from retractable pens in at the factory. Mine feel like they bottom out loading it on my trailer. I am looking into getting new springs myself once I get the $$. Look on the suspension part and if you don't find your answer ask. The guy from Eibach moniters this site b/c he gave me some answers pretty quickly.

1st step is the correct rate springs. If you can't afford new springs, just chop off limbs until you weigh around 100 pounds, which is what the stock springs are good for. That and screen doors.

Stiffer springs to start with and then maybe a revalve down the road if the springs do not do it for you.

There are compression adjusters under the rubber caps on the bottom of the forks. You may try those. If it has been a long time since the fork oil has been changed, then that would help a little bit, but nothing will help like the correct rate springs.