Sign in to follow this  

FCR Install Question/Help

Got it in finally after fighting forever.

Heres the things Im not sure about

1. this unhooked hose, where does it go? Both the lines off the tank/petcock are hooked as it was oem.

unhooked.jpg

2. This is the correct location for the vaccum nipple correct

vaccum.jpg

3. Line routing. The red clear hoses going into the little metal bell are supposed to go where?

Does the clear hose with the white banding hook to the vaccum nipple?

Is the completely clear hose supposed to be the overflow drain?

IMG_8560.jpg

4. The instructions specified that the L-shaped throttle cable was to go into the top bracket and top hole. But when hooked up that way the throttle does not open/close. When reversed it operates just fine, snaps back and everything.

throttle.jpg

the FCR is from the TT Store.

Does the TPS sensor just hang freely now sine there doesnt appear to be a TPS sensor on the FCR.

Thanks for the help guys im so eager to ride this bitch.

That black hose is from the charcoal canister. You should remove it. Instructions are in then 'Look here before asking..." thread.

The hose with the braiding is not oem, where is the end plugged into?

All five pink/clear hoses are vent/drains, they can go down.

You can unplug the TPS sensor and put it in the box with your old carb.

the hose wit hte braiding is plugged into that little metal cylinder that all the red clear hoses plug into.

thanks for the help man.

the hose wit hte braiding is plugged into that little metal cylinder that all the red clear hoses plug into.

thanks for the help man.

What little metal cylinder, and where does the hose come from :eek:

The 4 pinky/red/transparent hoses from the FCR are vents, should not be plugged into anything.

The single clear hose from the bottom of the carb is the drain/overflowhose and should go down.

Neil. :applause::lol: :lol:

yes reverse cables instructions are wrong been talked about a bit before (i was lucky i read it while reading other posts)

What little metal cylinder, and where does the hose come from :eek:

The 4 pinky/red/transparent hoses from the FCR are vents, should not be plugged into anything.

The single clear hose from the bottom of the carb is the drain/overflowhose and should go down.

Neil. :applause::lol: :lol:

its a catch can.

ok, i looked through all the threads and cant find sh#t. Is the white braided hose going into the metal cylinder with all the red hoses for the vaccum port I installed on the head? the directions kinda are vague.

No.

The hose are carb vents. They meet in the little can. The can is a 'catch can' and is required in racing circuits. You do not need to use it unless you are racing.

You may disconnect all the hoses (pinish and clear) from the catch can and guide them alongside of the coolant overflow line (black rubber hose exiting under the bike next to the shiock linkage).

The vacum port on the head is used on S model DRZ's that have the vacum petcock. You can tell if you have this because there would be two nipples on it, a large (fuel) and a small(vacum) If you do nto have this type of petcock, then put the bolt back into the engine, you do not need a vacum port.

Here is a Q regarding vacum petcock bikes.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=307435

yeah, still doesnt start. **** this thing. what a pain in the ass. Anyone in socali want to come over with a trickle charger and make some cash thats done a FCR Install.

Does the needle need to come out of all FCR's? If so why the **** wasnt that in the instructions. I'd hate to have to pull this bitch again because some vital information was omitted from TT Stores instructions.

Im so annoyed rich now. batteries dead, bike wont start.

When you stop swearing maybe some body will help you. Just chill out, everything will work out if you calm down. No aftermarket kit fits perfect 1st time. You are working with a CA bike that has some different features than 49 state bikes.

did you buy this bike used?you didnt install the supermoto engineering catch can yourself?the instructions clearly state to change the needle.you need to remove the all of the cali smog junk before going any further.

when you calm down let us know.

Is the white braided hose going into the metal cylinder with all the red hoses for the vaccum port I installed on the head?

If you have the clear braided hose going from the vacuum port in the head to the catch can, that is why it won't start.

That hose is for the vacuum operated fuel tap, if you don't have that type of fuel tap then you don't need the vacuum port.

There is nothing wrong with the suppied instructions, other than the throttle cable mix up.

Neil. :applause::eek::lol:

what doesnt make sense is the clear braided hose was attached to the small catch can. theres a large port for it, and when it was in the box it was already inside the catch can.

Eddie-

the bike was new, I havent installed anything on it yet.

I took the white braided hose out of the catch can and ran it from the vaccum port on the head to the vaccum port on the petcock.

I didnt mess with any of the jet settings or anything. Hopefully I can get it to fire up and i'll just have the local shop re-do it. I havent the time right now to try and pry that bitch back out of the bike. It was a major PITA to get in and I dont want to mess witrh it right now.

I have to do a coilover swap on my car, new european core support, headlights, fogs and euro bumpers this weekend and im working on a freelance brochure.

1) plug the carb into the boots - done.

2) connect the throte cables so they work - done

3) connect a fuel hose from the carb to the petcock - done

4) connect a vacuum hose from the nipple added to the head to the vacuum port on the petcock - done

5) turn the fuel valve to PRI to get some fuel in the carb

6) run all of the small pinkish hoses on the carb down under the engine. You probably have 5, right? (4 vents from about 1/2 way up the body and 1 off the bottom of the float bowl) These just dangle. Do not connect to anything. Do not plug up.

7) don't wory about any of the other hoses that came on the bike for now. (vapor canister purge, etc)

8) disconnect the TPS and put it back on the original carb.

9) now the bike will start and run.