Sign in to follow this  

Polaris Outlaw

Polaris Outlaw 525

What is the word on these amazing ATV's?

I am looking at the 525 and I am wondering if it would be worth it. It seems like this ATV dominates all others, but is that really true? How is its top speed, handling, reliablity, any problems with them?

I am around 300lb, and up untill now I have been looking at the Raptor, but this independent rear suspension has caught my eye. But the Raptor I would get is atleast a 660, and the biggest Outlaw is 525. Could the 525 still handle the job?

Please any reviews, comments, experience, just post them here.

Thanks,

DD

Polaris Outlaw 525

What is the word on these amazing ATV's?

I am looking at the 525 and I am wondering if it would be worth it. It seems like this ATV dominates all others, but is that really true? How is its top speed, handling, reliablity, any problems with them?

I am around 300lb, and up untill now I have been looking at the Raptor, but this independent rear suspension has caught my eye. But the Raptor I would get is atleast a 660, and the biggest Outlaw is 525. Could the 525 still handle the job?

Please any reviews, comments, experience, just post them here.

Thanks,

DD

It would hall you around. The magazine said the only problem they had with them is the seat kept falling off. It happens more to some than others. Anywhere from once a year to once every 15 minutes. It was the same on the outlaw 500. The 525 is supposed to flat out smoke the 500 so that is a plus.

what was the fix for the seat? just some zip-ties or did they have to replace a special bracket? because i dont feel the seat is a major problem, just tie the thing back on and go.

what was the fix for the seat? just some zip-ties or did they have to replace a special bracket? because i dont feel the seat is a major problem, just tie the thing back on and go.

They didn't really say. I would think you could zip-tie it though. They said there wasn't an aftermarket bracket yet.

does anyone know how the handling compares to a normal quad suspension setup? do you have to drive it differently or whats the deal?

does anyone know how the handling compares to a normal quad suspension setup? do you have to drive it differently or whats the deal?

I've never really driven one but the same mag said they loved how it handled. I would imagine in the rough stuff the independent rear suspension would help. Other than that, I would imagine it would handle similiarly.

I read a review in Dirtwheels about the only real disadvantage of the outlaw's IRS is that it will slow you down in the whoops. In a recent issue they had the 500 and 525 back to back. A few articles were written previously, but the 500-525 review was like last month.

Jeff was that you in the video? Jeff Stoes or something like that. . .

So I am getting the impression this quad is worth the money. Because right now I am tied between this or a CRF450X.

I can't decide what I want, and what would be better for my area.

you keep refering to a magazine. which one are you talking about?

QUAD magazine did a test to.

Jeff was that you in the video? Jeff Stoes or something like that. . .

So I am getting the impression this quad is worth the money. Because right now I am tied between this or a CRF450X.

I can't decide what I want, and what would be better for my area.

No way.....I hear that guy is a real jerk! LMAO

Ya, thats me. Here is the interview video http://www.atvpress.com/atvvideos/atvmodels/polaris/polaris2007outlaw525atvjeffstoess.wmv

its a race motor. . .

good job man, that helped out alot.

so it would deff be this quad I would get. that is if I dont decide on a dirtbike instead.

the damn choices, I hate them.

It's a sad day when the quadtards infiltrate the Exotic forum.

Isn't there a redneck lawnmower wannabe forum this topic would fit better in? Try johndeere.com

Wow, Polaris with independent rear suspension and 5' mowing attachment.

If you're having a hard time choosing between a real dirtbike and a quad, go with a quad. You won't need skills to ride it and you'll save a lot of money on useless safety equipment like a helmet and boots. Walmart has a deal on beer coolers and ice this week!

Quads: for those who never quite learned to ride their bicycle without training wheels and could never contemplate riding on a 5" wide side hill trail.

It's a sad day when the quadtards infiltrate the Exotic forum.

Isn't there a redneck lawnmower wannabe forum this topic would fit better in? Try johndeere.com

Wow, Polaris with independent rear suspension and 5' mowing attachment.

If you're having a hard time choosing between a real dirtbike and a quad, go with a quad. You won't need skills to ride it and you'll save a lot of money on useless safety equipment like a helmet and boots. Walmart has a deal on beer coolers and ice this week!

Quads: for those who never quite learned to ride their bicycle without training wheels and could never contemplate riding on a 5" wide side hill trail.

If you are just going to be a dick, why even post?

this is a 4-stroke website/forum. this quad i speak of is a 4-stroke. because there is no polaris section here, i placed this in the exotic section.

you bash quads as if they take no skill to ride. riding either a bike or a quad takes its own skill.

just because it has 4 wheels doesn't mean its not fun, dangerous and hard to ride. if you read at all you will notice while dirtbikers fall over a lose stone and scrape their elbow, quad riders are snaping their neck after their quad rolled on them while in a high speed turn. to keep that from happening, thats skill.

part of my research was watching as many vids as i can for both. i came to realise how much work goes into sport quad riding.