wolverine trails?

Join the Cycle Conservation Club and get a mapbook of all Michigan trails. Much better quality than the map shown in the previous response. You can also get all trails on CD from the CCC.

http://cycleconservationclub.org/

The Tomahawk trail is great, especially loop B. Fairly technical but not too technical, lots of hills and off-camber stuff.

thank you i was not aware that the tomahawk trails were in wolverine my older brother who lives in co. had a race in wolverine a few years ago i went there but dont remember the area he is trying to get on the six day natoinal this yaer in chili.

B-Loop is Awesome... Seem to recall a long twisty uphill section with an imediate left turn at the top... Miss the turn and you drop off into space By the time I was done, I WAS DONE:crazy: One of the best trail systems I have ridden...

lookin' forward to doin' it again as soon as the SNOW IS GONE:foul:

Jamie

Jamie, as soon as the snow is gone I am looking forward to riding with my................ "Canadian Yahoo" friends again! :eek:

I was out by the Grand Traverse trails today, hoping that they would be melted enough for a quick ride tomorrow but there is still too much snow.:applause:

Soon I hope.

Don

Join the Cycle Conservation Club and get a mapbook of all Michigan trails. Much better quality than the map shown in the previous response. You can also get all trails on CD from the CCC.

http://cycleconservationclub.org/

The Tomahawk trail is great, especially loop B. Fairly technical but not too technical, lots of hills and off-camber stuff.

I am letting my membership go. The CCC is not going in the right direction as I see it anymore. Its all about revinue and not just looking out for Cycles. Example is they are fighting for Quads on the sides of roads. To bad but this sounds better than it really is after you look deep into it. Locals pay for out of area rider fun.

I am letting my membership go. The CCC is not going in the right direction as I see it anymore. Its all about revinue and not just looking out for Cycles. Example is they are fighting for Quads on the sides of roads. To bad but this sounds better than it really is after you look deep into it. Locals pay for out of area rider fun.

I think your a little short sighted on the side of the road issue. Its not just quads, its bikes also. I think access to gas stations,food,short cuts to your vehicle is a great idea. Local buisiness should prosper from it. Unfortunatly the state,DNR don"t differentiate between quad,bikes. Its all ATV. Its never going to go back to "Lets just go ride". Spark arrester.94dbs,stay on the trail.I say they are doing a great job. Ask most who have moved out of this state. See how many closed areas there are. I was looking to go rideing single in Ky. Nobody could even point me to any state single track. I don"t know if you belong to any groups or organizations but check a few out and see what the CCC is doing. Do a few trail cleanings. The whole trail system is pretty much maitaned by us trail riders. And yes, the CCC is one of our political voices in Lansing. Support them because some day you'll wish you did.

Zues - why would you oppose HB4323, which allows counties to open their road shoulders to ORVs? It's OK if you don't like the idea, everyone is entitled to their own view, I'm interested in what your view is.

ORVs allowed on county road should has been in place for many years in the UP in addition to several counties in the lower peninsula (which a couple in the lower just allowing the same in the last few years).

ORV refers to bikes, quads, dune buggies, Rhinos, everything.

Thanks for your thoughts.

I see you still keep an eye on this forum... Good... Snow up here is still 3' deep. I got out for a 1/2 hour ride on the street on my bike, kinda fixed me for awhile, but I can't wait for this stuff to go... Keep in touch, and Darrin and I aren't afriad to drive to get on some trails anywhere... It has been toooo Looong of a winter...?

Later, Jamie

Jamie, as soon as the snow is gone I am looking forward to riding with my................ "Canadian Yahoo" friends again! :eek:

I was out by the Grand Traverse trails today, hoping that they would be melted enough for a quick ride tomorrow but there is still too much snow.:applause:

Soon I hope.

Don

B-Loop is Awesome... Seem to recall a long twisty uphill section with an imediate left turn at the top... Miss the turn and you drop off into space By the time I was done, I WAS DONE:crazy: One of the best trail systems I have ridden...

lookin' forward to doin' it again as soon as the SNOW IS GONE:foul:

Jamie

That one almost got me too the first time, sure gets your attention. The Tomahawk trails should be good to go in another couple weeks, maybe sooner.

Zues, I'll be the first to admit that I'm not crazy about quads, but that's mostly directed to those who feel it's necessary to squeeze their way onto the very little true single track trails there are.

Michigan has one of the best trail systems in the whole US and we have the CCC to thank for that. Get involved instead of tuning out.

Ask most who have moved out of this state.

I lived in Indiana for 6 years, the state sucks when it comes to riding. I think there are whopping 4 places you can ride, non of which are over 1000 acres. So you can ride the same place and see the same trees over and over and over again. Or you can go to the same gravel pit... We ORV riders in Michigan should appreciate the efforts of the CCC.

If it wasn't for the CCC, we'd have nothing. Think about that. Michigan would be like almost every other state. No public riding land. If you ride in Michigan, you need to be member of the CCC.

Just thought I would let you all know that Lewis Shuler called tonight. And he did open my mind some. Seems like a nice guy.

And Now for the rest of the child comments I have to say glad you all put them down, because we all do live in the United States last I knew and you all confirmed it with your less than adult comments. Ya freedom of speech is still alive. I know that this is the internet also and most of you can't back up what you let your mouth push out, but once again you remind me where I live and that makes me proud.

Just thought I would let you all know that Lewis Shuler called tonight. And he did open my mind some. Seems like a nice guy.

And Now for the rest of the child comments I have to say glad you all put them down, because we all do live in the United States last I knew and you all confirmed it with your less than adult comments. Ya freedom of speech is still alive. I know that this is the internet also and most of you can't back up what you let your mouth push out, but once again you remind me where I live and that makes me proud.

I know you are , but what am I...........I know you are, but what am I..........I know you are but what am I :applause:

Zeus, you pushed and we all pushed back. Then you lash out at us for pushing back. Who seems to be acting childlike.

If you decide to not support the CCC for in your words they are "all about the revinue" and "fighting for quads" that is your right.

I will support an organization that has worked with the State to give us 3200 miles of marked and maintained trails(the largest trail system in the U.S.A) and who fights to keep all that trail open for us.(All by unpaid volunteers, who donate all their time and effort)

There is approx. 300,000 Titled ORVs in the state. 80,00 of these are 2-wheeled. The state makes no distinction between bike, quad, dune buggy or Ranger/Rhino.For that matter even golf carts.To the state they are ORVs. The CCC is "fighting for quads" because we as bike riders are in the minority.

The state makes no distinction, so the CCC cannot in their support. Remember we are talking about publicly owned land and roadways.

i can see what zues is saying i think. but if there was no ccc then wouldent all the single track be run down by atvs with no help to control not only that but also the people who want to take off roading away due to errosion & noise from those who dont care for rules i mean we need someone to fight for us if no body gets involved then there is no us to fight with or for i guess im just saying take the good with the bad or clean the fish before u eat it.as far as revinue goes c'mon man u think its free to fight for somthing wake up & dont be so single minded sorry but its time for people to start sharing weather the exact interest is the same or not.

I know you are , but what am I...........I know you are, but what am I..........I know you are but what am I :eek:

Zeus, you pushed and we all pushed back. Then you lash out at us for pushing back. Who seems to be acting childlike.

Why don't you let me know the next time your up north. Would love to go riding with ya. Pm me some time.:applause: