START OR JOIN RIDING CLUB? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Anyone interested in riding trails and passes of CO with a new, slow guy?

I have just bought a (titled) 01 WR250 with the desire (need?) to ride the trails of CO, see some new things, and have huge fun. I'm in Highlands Ranch, just south of Denver.

I’ve got heaps of motorcycle experience - I rode trials on a Montesa as a youth, and I’ve been riding street bikes for 20 or so years. I’m not a bad rider, but this is the first ‘modern’ dirt bike I’ve ever owned or ridden. As a result, I'm a bit apprehensive to head out to the hills for the day on my own...

If anyone is up for showing me some of the terrain and trails, or knows of a easy going group that welcomes beginners, that would be fantastic!

Thanks,

peter.

I'm near Southglenn Mall, so close to you. It can be very dificult to find ridding partners who ride a similar skill levels (and "glory" levels). But I'd give it a go. Just got back form Moab tonight. I ride a DRZ-400s, and an old Kawi 750LTD. I could meet for coffee sometime this week. I usually try to ride weekdays. I work most weekends. You can post me direct.

nredson@comcast.net

Hi Peter,

I'm in Lakewood and am definitely up for cruising around the trails in a leisurely fashion. I hurt my knee last year in Moab, so I wanna take it easy for awhile. Full story is here: http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=369587

I'm just waiting for all the snow to melt in the hills. :applause:

You may also be interested in joining Northern Colorado Trail Riders club, of which I'm a member:

http://www.nctr.net/

They have some beginner rides. They've got an upcoming easy "Rabbit Valley Ride – Family Ride" this March 24-25.

Doug

Peter, fill out your profile why dontcha?

I have ridden a lot of the local trails and would be happy to show you around those that I know. Always need a riding partner. Oldmanb777 and I met this winter and had the same thoughts. Between us we should be able to get some guys together whenever and wherever.

Dacota, I hurt my knee 10/21 and it's just starting to feel normal again. So, slow and easy is high on my list.

Larry

Hey there guys. I am interested in joining in. I am one of the walking wounded and won't be able to ride until May but I would like to try and join in. It would be great to meet some new people to ride with. Please keep me in the loop if you plan on getting together.

Keith

Thanks for the replies guys. This is excellent stuff!

It seems like there's a few of us that don't need to ride too fast or hard this year for one reason or another.

I'll resurrect this thread when things dry out a bit more.

peter.

Count me in also. Lot's of good riding north of Fort Collins at Red Feathers. I could show you around there.

I'm in. I know some of the stuff around ...up north that doesn't exist.

Silly question but - are there any Colorado 4x4 roads or motorcycle trails open yet? Am riding in Moab April 13th for a week or so and passing through Colorado to get there, would like to ride a little in Colorado if something is open. Am guessing most places are snowed in yet and will be for a while.....

Texas Creek, which is west on Canon City, is open for some decent trail riding. Plus Grand Junction is open..

Great idea Climber. I've heard about those trails that don't exist. I look forward to meeting up with some new people and riding some new trails, especially the ones that don't exist.:applause:

Hey Peter,

Count me in, too. I definitely meet the Old & Slow criteria. I live near CLR and Colorado in Centennial. I've ridden the trails around Ouray, Telluride, Lake City & Silverton and would love to get back this fall.:applause: I ride a WR450.

Marc

I definitely meet the Old & Slow criteria.

I SAID NEW AND SLOW, not old and slow! Although, to be honest, I am new, old, and slow :lol:

If I'm getting this straight, there are quite a few of us new or old guys here that are slow, and are interested in riding places we've never seen before because they don't exist.

Excellent... I honestly can't wait :eek::applause::lol:

So Peter, are you volunteering to put together the "Old 'N Slo Contacts" list so we can sound the bugle and round up some guys to ride with (and never end a sentence with a preposition)?

Add me to the list. Always looking for riding buddies. My wife and son just don't cut it all the time.

So Peter, are you volunteering to put together the "Old 'N Slo Contacts" list so we can sound the bugle and round up some guys to ride with (and never end a sentence with a preposition)?

Willingly.

If everyone interested in these gentle rides sends me their TT username, email address, and location via PM, I'll create an email list. I'll wait a while for responses and then share the list so everyone can invite others on rides "slow" rides.

Sound OK?

Peter.

Willingly.

If everyone interested in these gentle rides sends me their TT username, email address, and location via PM, I'll create an email list. I'll wait a while for responses and then share the list so everyone can invite others on rides "slow" rides.

Sound OK?

Peter.

Sounds good to me. I'm sure you intend to email the list ONLY to people on the list. (If you were to post email addresses here, then the search robots would find them and we'd get spammed to death.)

PM sent.

Sounds good to me. I'm sure you intend to email the list ONLY to people on the list. (If you were to post email addresses here, then the search robots would find them and we'd get spammed to death.)

PM sent.

Yup, I'll only distribute the list via email to those send me a PM with their address. No email addresses will be posted here.

Hey Peter,

Count me in, too. I definitely meet the Old & Slow criteria. I live near CLR and Colorado in Centennial. I've ridden the trails around Ouray, Telluride, Lake City & Silverton and would love to get back this fall.:applause: I ride a WR450.

Marc

when you guys come out west here, PM or email and we'll all get together for some trails....