Sign in to follow this  

oil change

i have a 2003 yz250f. i need to change my oil and i have some questions. how much oil does the bike need? what type of oil works the best? is there an oil filter to change? where do i drain the oil? and where do i fill the engin with new oil?:applause:

i have a 2003 yz250f. i need to change my oil and i have some questions. how much oil does the bike need? what type of oil works the best? is there an oil filter to change? where do i drain the oil? and where do i fill the engin with new oil?:applause:

Do you have the manuel? If not you should call up a yamaha dealer or I'm sure TT could help you out.

Don't even touch your bike with a wrench untill you read the manual.

lol i have my manuel i just wondered if any 1 had any tips on what oils to use or any trick to it (i saw u cup/ drain u can buy that raps around your frame there the oil drains out) has any 1 seen or used that

lol i have my manuel i just wondered if any 1 had any tips on what oils to use or any trick to it (i saw u cup/ drain u can buy that raps around your frame there the oil drains out) has any 1 seen or used that

I one of those as they wrap around frame to drain the oil and the lower frame to get last bit of oil out of bottom of engine. BillyWho is the manufacturer I believe. I have had mine 3 years now and they work pretty good.

changing oil but not filter = 1 ltr

changing oil with filter = 1.2 ltr

I just changed mine today . W/O filter is 1.4 L .

I run Shell Rotella Synthetic .

BillyWho saves a lot of mess . :applause:

It is pretty straight forward...On YZF's you have three drain bolts, but most people only use two. One is on the front of your frame (right behind the back of your front fender. I believe it is a size 10 bolt. ) Second one, is under/near your shift lever. The third one (that nobody really uses I think) is on the other side by your brake pedal. (Kind of hard to find without a pic though.) On 2003's you should have a oil filler cap on the left side of your engine. If not, get a funnel, and poor it into your dip stick. I use Yamalube 20w-40 because that is what the manual says. 10w-40 will work just fine also. I belive the manual calls for 1 qt and 8 oz., but could be wrong. Hope that helps.

p.s when you change the oil filter, make sure to check if the little rubber o-rings came out with the old filter. Some times one gets stuck inside. Good luck!:applause: