Sign in to follow this  

05 525 SMR electric start?

I just bought a 05 525 SMR and it is just kickstart but noticed that it has a battery in it and starter relay installed on it. Also it has on the case the holes to bolt a starter to and a block plate covering the hole where the starter gear would go in. Did this bike come as electric start? I do not have a starter button on the machine and have found to connecters on the bike hanging on it. One under the seat coming from the starter relay and one on top of the cylinder head which is a white triangular connector? I would like to make it electric start. I spranged my ankle today badly trying to start this thing and am walking with a cane today because of it:thumbsdn:

thats weird it has a battery in it, does it have lights ?

is the battery hooked up ?

sounds like they were making it e-start and stopped half way through

thats weird it has a battery in it, does it have lights ?

is the battery hooked up ?

sounds like they were making it e-start and stopped half way through

My friend works at the dealer at bought it from and told me it was traded in with no lights at all. He said the only thing that they installed on the bike were a headlight and tailight with signals and that was it. The battery was already in there with the starter relay hooked up but no cable to where the starter would go, Just from the battery to the relay.

I heard there was a kit to make my SMR an electric start. Anyone know how much it cost and where I can get it? I tried calling my local KTM dealer and they never heard of it and said they would get back with me but never did.

Its a dealer item and is in the $6-- range

I heard there was a kit to make my SMR an electric start. Anyone know how much it cost and where I can get it? I tried calling my local KTM dealer and they never heard of it and said they would get back with me but never did.

Its a dealer item and is in the $6-- range

Do you know what it consists of? Since my bike already has the battery and the starter relay hooked up I figure all I need to buy is the starter and hook up a starter button which a kill switch would work for that wired to the starter relay and just the cable from the relay to the starter and it should start right up? Sounds easy enough dont you think:applause: