START OR JOIN RIDING CLUB? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

3/17,18 Weekend Winter 2007 close out-westside story what is and what should never be

Ok here's the plans........... Me and the most excellent YamahaGinger who rode 7500 ft 18" wide single track atop moonrocks ridge this last saturday :lol::eek: At one high climbing danger spot She rode straight up no problems right past a male honda rider who fell off the ridge trail into the deep lost sand, :lol: well she and I are riding the WESTSIDE of Georgetown This Saturday March 17 - 8 am stage time at Mace Mills where the big boys and Gals stage at!!!:applause: come along if can keep up with her. :lol:

Then on Sunday march 18 - I want a what is out there Elkins Flat snow/potting soil exploratory ride. Who's up for that?

Then on Sunday march 18 - I want a what is out there Elkins Flat snow/potting soil exploratory ride. Who's up for that?

I was thinking the same thing, about a possible probe ride at Elkins this weekend. :eek:

I'll try to let you know for sure Thursday at the Foresthill meeting. :applause:

:applause: I don't know if I can make the ride,but I'm gonna try to to get out in my area,maybe to the cabin and see how its looking.There was a fair amount of snow just east of town yesterday but things are melting fast.Hard to tell anyway,the cabin is 860 feet higher in elevation than my house but more than once I've seen the snow still hanging around nearby more than it was out at Elkins.I may get out there tomorrow,whether snowshoe,mountain bike,or motorcycle I don't know,but I'll let you know once I've checked it out.I will probably ride somewhere around here Sunday,but more likely in the afternoon.

ok let us know, I can easily see it would be still a foot of snow up there. It is still winter. Damn stuf takes a while to go away, but its awful warm all week too.

I'll be there Saturday with some buddies. If Grizz doesn't make it out there I'll post up a report.

Mufasa

Both rides sound great...I'll bring the HP2 to GT Sat...KTM Sunday at Elkins...

I'll be there Saturday with some buddies. If Grizz doesn't make it out there I'll post up a report.

Mufasa

good tell us snow levels trails, etc thanks

Both rides sound great...I'll bring the HP2 to GT Sat...KTM Sunday at Elkins...

have your GF ride the KTM on Saturday too. :applause:

have your GF ride the KTM on Saturday too. :applause:

She doesn't know how to ride a dirt bike. Thats why I'm setting up the HP2 for 2 up riding. With the big fork springs in and adding 30-40 additional psi in the rear shock bike is set up well. Drop the forks down 1" to level out the handling with GF aboard. BMW makes a rear footpeg kit and should be in this week. I want us to do some dual sport rides together.

I'll be there Saturday morning...:lol: No flakey this time! :lol: After seeing the pics of what I missed at Moonrocks I was kicking myself. :eek:

I'm driving a black FJ Cruiser with my XR4 on a hitch rack... see everyone at Mace Mills!:lol:

Ted :applause:

Have fun, guys. I was at GT last Sunday doing trail assessment on 1; some water, some dust. Be careful. Lots of people going to be jammed into the westside this weekend.

:eek: Looks good out there,much of 31 melted out whats there is soft and melting fast.Hope to do a 31-34 thing Sunday afternoon,will post more after I go back out tomorrow and whack a tree or two out of the dirt road up to the cabin.:applause:

OD lets do ELKINS on SUNDAY. 7 am store, 8:30am cabin. It's magic potting soil TIME!!!!!!!!!

Hey there Bob,

I am up for Elkins on Sunday. I haven't been out there since early last year

I'll keep an eye on the post.

we leave the Somerset store at 730 am. Ill be there at 7 for coffee and breakfast.

Bay area riders can meet us at the COLD spot at 930-10 am ish I don't know what to expect or how much snow we will encounter, but I'm up for plow work. someone gots to do it!

Do you think the road from hwy 88 is ice free? If not I can see you guys at Somerset.

This will be the first time out with the 450 with the Rekluse installed (with the exception of PC for an hour or so last weekend). I would like to see how well it works in the woods and the Snow.

-Slider

This will be the first time out with the 450 with the Rekluse installed (with the exception of PC for an hour or so last weekend). I would like to see how well it works in the woods and the Snow.

-Slider

Just put the transmission into 3rd gear, remove the shift lever and leave it at home.

dont know about 88, but weather says low is 37-40.

but with recent TIME change........I was thinking we may be starting too early? because it's still cold I like early as you guys know. BUT let's move the Somerset Store meet and leave time to 8 am. Stage at the Cabin at 9 am ride by 930